SOLD - ID.3 Family Pro Performance 58kwh (Nov 72 Reg) £28,675

Post your ID.3 cars, accessories, parts etc. here. Buy and sell at own risk.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:29 pm Have you tried Motorway.co.uk again lately?

They only quote £24k for my 8000 miles Tour! Less than a year old and only just over half of what I paid for it.

How you got that Born deal I don't know! :)
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

hutchgee

Post by hutchgee »

Hmm fair shout, I might give them another try, it's been a while.

WBAC are still around £26k which isn't too bad, considering... I guess.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

hutchgee wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:18 pm Hmm fair shout, I might give them another try, it's been a while.

I would try readvertising on the UK id 3 Facebook group too, I think there have been a few posts from potential buyers on there recently. They might only want to buy from a dealer but you never know.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

I can’t understand why the second-hand (well pre-registered in this instance) values have dropped so much recently.

A year ago we could make money on a new car delivery, now we loose £10,000.

I can only guess that most people don’t have the cash to buy a £30k pre-registered car and want a loan/rental (or whatever it’s called) deal. If I was in the market for an ID.3 and still had months on a waiting list then I would snap this up but I am probably not representative on current the current new car owners in that I used a small personal loan to purchase ours last May.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

smyth1492 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:53 pm I can’t understand why the second-hand (well pre-registered in this instance) values have dropped so much recently.

A year ago we could make money on a new car delivery, now we loose £10,000.

I can only guess that most people don’t have the cash to buy a £30k pre-registered car and want a loan/rental (or whatever it’s called) deal. If I was in the market for an ID.3 and still had months on a waiting list then I would snap this up but I am probably not representative on current the current new car owners in that I used a small personal loan to purchase ours last May.
Most people don't have the readies to buy cash, and buying the whole car with a loan seems expensive to habitual PCPers who are only used to clearing depreciation as capital plus a ton of interest. To buy a car like this, thrh need to get their head around taking out a 5 or 6 year loan to buy outright. They also prefer the reassurance of buying from a bricks and mortar dealer rather than "sold as seen" in a private sale, even though buying a nearly new car with loads of warranty is virtually risk free if you can be assured that it isn't stolen or written off. This risk averse attitude doesn't really change until people are spending less than £10k.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Bengeo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:33 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:29 pm Have you tried Motorway.co.uk again lately?

They only quote £24k for my 8000 miles Tour! Less than a year old and only just over half of what I paid for it.

How you got that Born deal I don't know! :)
Born values seem to be holding up better than ID3 ones it seems right now. I still got £7k less than I paid for it,in just under a year, but it's likely that around £5k of tgat £7k is the dealership's margin, so presumably people are prepared to pay £2-3k less than RRP for a year old one.

I checked motorway price for the Born again today by putting in the reg again - still the same £31200 indicated a month ago.

Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:11 pm I checked motorway price for the Born again today by putting in the reg again - still the same £31200 indicated a month ago.

That is crazy. The Born is a very nice car, but how can a newish Tour be worth only 2/3 of it?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Bengeo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:15 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:11 pm I checked motorway price for the Born again today by putting in the reg again - still the same £31200 indicated a month ago.

That is crazy. The Born is a very nice car, but how can a newish Tour be worth only 2/3 of it?
The cheapest V2 Born e-boosts (on a 72 reg) with low mileage (<5000) are on autotrader for about £34k.

The cheapest 2022 Tour is actually a 22 reg for £35k. There aren't any 72 regs. 21 regs with over 20k miles start from about £29k upwards.

So I'd say asking prices are fairly similar. Monkeyhangar has certainly got a good deal and the market in general is still all over the place.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
hutchgee

Post by hutchgee »

Yes I have it on Facebook too. But it's hard to fathom.

I've had some enquiries and it's as new so I'd hope if someone was serious it's hard to pick holes in it if they came too see it.

However I'm conscious it's a lot of money so finding the right buyer with the cash/loan available is going to take longer.

Time will tell I guess.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Bengeo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:15 pm

Maybe a few of those dealers got burned by ID3s they were selling for £8-10k more than list and had paid more than list from owners for? As a result, maybe they're buying low, just in case?

The Born has started to appear used when the market craziness had settled down a bit? It's still a £7k drop in just under a year,but I would've expected that in normal times for any car that holds its value well - 2/3 of that drop is dealer margin. I've never ditched a car so early, nor lost so much,but a bit of man maths justifies it as I made £8k on the ID3 Life I had beforehand. For our current household car use, 2 BEVs just wasn't working, with me doing a regular 480 mile round trip and the current state/cost of rapid charging, more so in Winter.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

hutchgee wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:18 pm Hmm fair shout, I might give them another try, it's
been a while.

If WBAC are offering £26k, I'd be surprised if Motorway aren't offering what you're looking for now, they're usually considerably better. If not, PM me and I'll pass you the contact who bought my ID3 (part of same group that also bought my Born, they should beat the Motorway price by a few hundred quid if they're not overstocked, and maybe a bit more if you can drop it to them rather than them pay someone to come and get it.

hutchgee

Post by hutchgee »

Motorway are typically better than WBAC I'd agree but for some reason they seem to be a few grand off the mark on this one. Not sure what's going on there!.
hutchgee

Post by hutchgee »

Thanks all for your help and interest. Now sold privately.

Cheers

Grant
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Well done Grant.