Software Version confusion

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

I picked up used id3 earlier this week and I am confused about what software I have.
The ID. Software insisted info says 2.3.0 (0912).
But in the help menu and look for the software it says 3.1.
Doesn't make sense to me or am I missing something.
Anyway I don't have an option to do an OTA update as I have no mobile signal where I live.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Your post is a bit unclear. What does the system information screen in the car say? (under the Settings menu icon).

Software 2.3 (0912) is actually 2.4. However, the separate ID Software menu icon doesn't exist in cars with software earlier than 3.1...

Edit - just seen you have a 1st edition. There are no 1st editions with 3.1 yet. OTA upgrades have only come up to 3.0 (for some) so far.

Your home mobile signal is not crucial, the car downloads the update while driving, not while stopped. The installation happens while stopped and does ask for a signal - you might need to park away from home one night but will know and can choose when this is. Assuming the OTA update programme restarts.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

Hi, The 3.1 I refer to is in the help menu and then the software tab
It says version 3.1 in there. Not sure if it is referring to the car software or something else.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:47 am Your post is a bit unclear. What does the system information screen in the car say? (under the Settings menu icon).

Software 2.3 (0912) is actually 2.4. However, the separate ID Software menu icon doesn't exist in cars with software earlier than 3.1...

Edit - just seen you have a 1st edition. There are no 1st editions with 3.1 yet. OTA upgrades have only come up to 3.0 (for some) so far.

Your home mobile signal is not crucial, the car downloads the update while driving, not while stopped. The installation happens while stopped and does ask for a signal - you might need to park away from home one night but will know and can choose when this is. Assuming the OTA update programme restarts.
Hi, The 3.1 I refer to is in the help menu and then the software tab
It says version 3.1 in there. Not sure if it is referring to the car software or something else.