Can’t connect with app on 3.2

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Dans2

Post by Dans2 »

Hi everyone, I have an issue which hopefully others have come across. I had the 3.2 update successfully applied in the garage on Friday following a failed attempt earlier in the week. My Connect ID app no longer seems to be paired with my car which I suspect happens when they update it. I have tried to click “Users > Add User” on the infotainment screen but it just shows “You will be connected to Volkswagen ID. Please Wait”. And it just sits like that without changing.

I tried to factory reset from the menu option but it says “Sorry, Unable to delete the Volkswagen user account from the vehicle, please try later”. I have now unpaired my ID connect app on my phone from the car by deleting the car from my profile, but still the above issues happen. Anyone else have this issue and manage to resolve it?

Thanks

Dans2

Post by Dans2 »

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6600.jpeg

IMG_6597.jpeg

Uploading the photos of the infotainment screen
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Earlier today some of the app functions won’t working, all seems to be working now. Might be worth trying again. On the cannot reset message. I quite often reset the vehicle if it doesn’t update the maps. I quite often says can’t delete but it has.
Hope that helps
DanS

Post by DanS »

Thanks… just tried again but the same problem. I clicked on the ID3 software icon and that said “unable to start information about system update” so it just seems it’s not quite happy/finished or something. Looks like yet another visit to the garage coming up 😞
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Is there one or two software icons when mine was done, for a short while I had 2 until it was finished
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Thinking about it a bit more you tried deleting the profile from the car and you have deleted the car from the app have you tried reconnecting the car by going to settings and selecting WeConnect instead of from the user front screen?
DanS

Post by DanS »

I don’t even see a WeConnect option in the settings 😞. I’ve created a new account on the vw website/app and get to this stage but this menu option doesn’t exist

IMG_6612.png

simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

So I see where you are in the app, are you saying when you do what it says in no 2 above there is no we connect option in the settings menu on the infotainment system. Not int he car right now can’t remember where it is on that page but hat page does a I’ll in the infotainment system
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Have you removed and reinstalled ConnectID app on yor phone?
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

I have just had a look and it seems they have moved the WeConnect/login to car from settings to the settings menu in users. There are two options login to car and register for WeConnect. I imagine if you are starting from scratch having reset the car and deleted your profile, you should use register for WeConnect. I haven’t tried it but given where you are at it’s worth a try. Good Luck
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

You get to that screen by trying to add a user
DanS

Post by DanS »

Thanks all for your help and comments.

Yes, it looks like the WeConnect option has moved from settings. I have tried through users but it gets no further than the original screenshot. I presume if it was able to get past that screen it would then ask me to logon or scan a QR code.

I’ve tried to delete the app from my phone and also create a new profile/account with a different email address but that makes no difference.

I’ve spoke to VW technical support who got me
To check the software version (0516) and they said that relates to 3.1 so want me to go back to the garage. They also said my car is not communicating hence not able to logon or get past these screens I have photographed.

3 days in the workshop the first week. 1 day last week. More day(s) now booked for next week 😞
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Sounds like a nightmare, hope they get it sorted.
fatman

Post by fatman »

can you see signal for internet?
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
zedmano

Post by zedmano »

I've had same problem after updating software from 3.0 now the app says 2 days since synchronisation and cannot see charging
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

zedmano wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:34 pm I've had same problem after updating software from 3.0 now the app says 2 days since synchronisation and cannot see charging
If you go into the user's app then select your user the car will show you the last time it synced.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
Mikeysid3

Post by Mikeysid3 »

Car went in for replacement Emergency Assist Unit. Did a home charge, the overnight charge would only charge to 49%. Took it back to Epsom dealer Drift Bridge...they had no idea what was wrong. I could only think what would I do if it was a computer or a modern pro camera. So I did a Factory Reset to the Infotainment system. Plugged into home charger that night. It cured the problem, but I could not see info on the phone App.
I to have contacted AG. They spent over a hour and half on the phone with me going through different settings. In the end I gave up, they said take it to the dealer. I wlll try a diferent dealer next week. I let you know if I get anyware.