3.2 software update cancelled

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

My ID3 Tour was going in today for 3.2 software update,got a call from VW garage that they just got an email from VW headquarters to cancel all 3.2 updates.
Anyone had the same issue or its only my garage ?

Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

I took my ID3 1st Edition into the garage this morning and nothing was said other than “ may be ready later today or tomorrow”. Will update after I’ve collected it.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mine is booked in for late July. Speaking to the master tech at the dealers, he said they were having mixed results with the 3.2 update. Some flew through, whilst others just wouldn’t work. VW really are a mess when it comes to this stuff. No wonder the VW dealers don’t want them as trade ins. I would have thought VW might throw some cash at this, as it’s been going on for so long now. Maybe they should try and poach some Tesla design engineers.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

My local dealer will not undertake any updates at all due to connection problems with the local broadband provider.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Sounds like the 3.2 update is going the same way as the 2.4 update did, ie a much higher failure rate than the 3.0 OTA update programme...
As for cancellations, strongly suspect that's just dealers who don't want the hassle, but I don't have any special info. Edit - consensus on the ID Driver's Club Facebook group seems to be fairly clear that it's still going ahead, except in Austria where there is some legal issue.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

I do wonder if some of the problems are dealer related not following steps to the exact letter from VW HQ. Surely the VW could not have made it this difficult/unreliable!? My experience so far of the updates has been positive, even the 3.0OTA so I guess I more hopefully that this is still resolvable by VW.

Of course forums and social media are going to paint a negative picture (not a criticism) and won't be reflective of all the successful updates as people won't shout about these.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

smyth1492 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:41 pm I do wonder if some of the problems are dealer related not following steps to the exact letter from VW HQ. Surely the VW could not have made it this difficult/unreliable!? My experience so far of the updates has been positive, even the 3.0OTA so I guess I more hopefully that this is still resolvable by VW.

Of course forums and social media are going to paint a negative picture (not a criticism) and won't be reflective of all the successful updates as people won't shout about these.
The dealer update process is obviously more complex to apply than the OTA process was and some of the dealers are evidently still short of competent staff.
I'm still pissed that they cancelled the OTA programme.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I took mine to Hawco in Inverness on Monday 22nd May, collected Tuesday evening 23rd May. No problems, and given a loaner.
It was booked online during that brief period when that was allowed on the VW website (about 24hrs). No complaints here.
I had it serviced (two years old) at the same time. Not cheap, but it's a good dealership - I was lucky perhaps.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

I was in today, mine had the update last week then displayed the drivetrain error 2 days later

They told me that VW had suspended the update as of this morning - they didn’t give me a reason why

She said the car could be in for some time as they had several ID.3s in awaiting inspection (lots in the customer car park) Luckily VW assist sorted me out with an ID.3 hire car!
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700
Rwaggers

Post by Rwaggers »

Lammy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:30 pm I was in today, mine had the update last week then displayed the drivetrain error 2 days later
Same for me. 3.2 installed and a few days later I got an error telling me "electric drive not working correctly". Also I keep getting messages telling me that my phone has lost it's Bluetooth connection.

Car's going back in to the main dealer next week.
ID.3 Max - Glacier White - Andoya Wheels - Software 3.2
Indra Smart Charger
Octopus Go (£50 referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/sand-zebra-360)
Rwaggers

Post by Rwaggers »

Lammy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:30 pm I was in today, mine had the update last week then displayed the drivetrain error 2 days later
Same for me. 3.2 installed and a few days later I got an error telling me "electric drive not working correctly". Also I keep getting messages telling me that my phone has lost it's Bluetooth connection.

Car's going back in to the main dealer next week.
ID.3 Max - Glacier White - Andoya Wheels - Software 3.2
Indra Smart Charger
Octopus Go (£50 referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/sand-zebra-360)
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

My appointment for today got cancelled too - had the call from the dealer..

Strangely, whilst talking to the poor guy on the phone (he had a lot of other people to call and disappoint) I also queried that I hadn't been booked in for the 93P7 recall - I have replace, not just check and replace. He said that they aren't running the checks until they did the 3.2 update. Bit strange as mine is replace so no checks needed??
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

After yesterday’s post I can confirm that the update was applied to my ID3 1st Edition by my local dealer, Vertu Mansfield. Collected it today at lunchtime and no obvious short comings,. Car washed and fully charged, great service.
Tom Dickan-Harry

Post by Tom Dickan-Harry »

My car was booked in for the software upgrade yesterday. The dealership called me this afternoon to say that after several attempts of the software install getting as far as 75% it subsequently kept failing. They said that although that may be disappointing, I was luckier than the other owner being upgraded at the same time. Their ID3 was now bricked. They confirmed that VW had now asked them not to attempt any further upgrades.

Where does that leave longer standing ID3 owners? Luckily I only have one more year of the lease left, but for those who have purchased and can’t upgrade, they must surely see the value of their vehicles depreciate at a faster rate compared to the newer production cars. VW seem incapable of sorting this.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Apologies folks for my ignorance here.

I’ve been offline on this forum for some time but would like to ask: what version of software is my ID3 running. The System Info on the car tells me it’s ID Software 2.3.0 Hardware H20 and Software 0912. None of these align with this subject header, but as its a recent topic I thought I’d post.

The car went in to the dealer last autumn so that it ‘could be prepped for OTA updates’. Whilst I’m sure I did an OTA update maybe a year back, I’ve not had any notifications (other than drivers manual and internet radio) since it was with VW last autumn.

As we say in the north east, what goes on?

Avalon
ID.3 1st Edition
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Tom Dickan-Harry wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:25 pm My car was booked in for the software upgrade yesterday. The dealership called me this afternoon to say that after several attempts of the software install getting as far as 75% it subsequently kept failing. They said that although that may be disappointing, I was luckier than the other owner being upgraded at the same time. Their ID3 was now bricked. They confirmed that VW had now asked them not to attempt any further upgrades.

Where does that leave longer standing ID3 owners? Luckily I only have one more year of the lease left, but for those who have purchased and can’t upgrade, they must surely see the value of their vehicles depreciate at a faster rate compared to the newer production cars. VW seem incapable of sorting this.
You are absolutely correct about those of us who purchased. I can see another VW scandal brewing.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Avalon wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:05 pm Apologies folks for my ignorance here.

I’ve been offline on this forum for some time but would like to ask: what version of software is my ID3 running. The System Info on the car tells me it’s ID Software 2.3.0 Hardware H20 and Software 0912. None of these align with this subject header, but as its a recent topic I thought I’d post.

The car went in to the dealer last autumn so that it ‘could be prepped for OTA updates’. Whilst I’m sure I did an OTA update maybe a year back, I’ve not had any notifications (other than drivers manual and internet radio) since it was with VW last autumn.

As we say in the north east, what goes on?

Avalon
You have 2.4.. I.D. Software 2.3.0 and Software 0912 is actually 2.4. Presumably you had the replacment 12v battery last October. There has been no further OTA update on General release despite VWs own website. Eventually the gave up on the OTA roll out and have started asking owners to take cars to their dealership. The dealership experience varies and as this thread informs even the updates by the dealers are not going well.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Tom Dickan-Harry wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:25 pm My car was booked in for the software upgrade yesterday. The dealership called me this afternoon to say that after several attempts of the software install getting as far as 75% it subsequently kept failing. They said that although that may be disappointing, I was luckier than the other owner being upgraded at the same time. Their ID3 was now bricked. They confirmed that VW had now asked them not to attempt any further upgrades.

That would be true if the software on newer cars worked, but it's by all acccount just swapping one bucket of issues for a whole new bucket.. I am starting to consider keeping mine on 2.4 now (might not be my decision anyway lol)
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Thanks for the reply G43FAN - yes battery replaced last year.

So much for the dynanicism promised by VW when I bought the car!

A
ID.3 1st Edition
Navigator

Post by Navigator »

My id3 was booked in for Monday this week but it was delayed by a nominal 2 weeks because VW told them that no updates would be attempted until fewer cars failed the update. I’ve no idea if they will carry out the update at that point.
The one thing I’ve learnt is that VW communication is appalling - almost as bad as their mastery of their own software!