Plan Car Leasing (Deliveries)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
kasman

Post by kasman »

Finally took delivery of my ID.3 Max early this morning. It arrived on a mini-transporter, carrying 2-3 ID.3's.
The car didn't come with any mats, so I let Plan know and they will order some from VW on my behalf, but was told that it could take a while to receive them.
The introduction was brief, now it's a case of understanding all of the functionalities.
Tyre brand is Goodyear. No tyre repair kit received (I have the Aero Steel Wheels).
Car received with 94% charge, so can't complain too much.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance - Glacier White
Ordered: 06/22
Original Estimated Delivery: 11/22
Current Estimated Delivery: 03/23, 05/23, 06/23, 04/23, 05/23
Build Week: 9
Vehicle Received: 09/05/2023

marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Congratulations, looking forward to getting my white Tour sooner or later! Not enough white ones around by me, mostly grey and the odd turquoise.

Are the mats being provided free of charge? Just assumed it wouldn’t be supplied as part of any deal.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
kasman

Post by kasman »

Hi marknorton1,
Several weeks prior to receiving the car, I asked Plan if the the car will arrive with any mats. They responded saying they should but if not, let me know and I can request them from VW (although they've apparently had stock shortages of mats). There's been no discussion of payments for the mats so I assume they will be complementary.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance - Glacier White
Ordered: 06/22
Original Estimated Delivery: 11/22
Current Estimated Delivery: 03/23, 05/23, 06/23, 04/23, 05/23
Build Week: 9
Vehicle Received: 09/05/2023
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Ah ok, thanks, will raise it my end when I get the next update then. Whenever that might be! Mine was week 9 also but has suffered further delays!
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

I’m guessing nobody has had any further delivery information for a while then since it’s been a little quiet here?!
pmcg

Post by pmcg »

Our next one is due Tuesday 23rd
LR71

Post by LR71 »

Hi

I am new to the site, although I have had an ID3 Tour on order since June 2022.

I have just found out that the car I thought had been built and was at a UK port waiting to be delivered to the dealership is actually still at the factory. Now the estimated time of delivery is 31st July ( but this isn't confirmed and could be extended)

I don't know what VW are playing at, giving out misinformation.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Yeah I had thought the same although thought it was awaiting ship but actually is mostly built and waiting bits I believe!

Just checked my Plan account and it was updated yesterday stating delivery estimated end of June now.

I emailed plan asking for an update yesterday but havnt had a response as yet…
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Well after a very long wait mine is apparently pitching up this Thursday (I.e. being delivered to my home). I’ll believe it when I see it, but the paperwork’s all signed, reg number provided so all looks promising. I’ll post pics when (if) it finally turns up. Whilst I’m happy the wait is over, I know others are still going up the wall waiting - I hope though that this signals these really are starting to land. My advice for those still waiting is: ignore the portal - it bears no resemblance to reality, and just keep politely nudging Plan for updates. I did this and I think they found me one just to get rid of me.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

MattBCL wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:17 pm Well after a very long wait mine is apparently pitching up this Thursday (I.e. being delivered to my home). I’ll believe it when I see it, but the paperwork’s all signed, reg number provided so all looks promising. I’ll post pics when (if) it finally turns up. Whilst I’m happy the wait is over, I know others are still going up the wall waiting - I hope though that this signals these really are starting to land. My advice for those still waiting is: ignore the portal - it bears no resemblance to reality, and just keep politely nudging Plan for updates. I did this and I think they found me one just to get rid of me.
Congratulations, nice to hear yours is coming through, just spoken to Plan and unfortunately they are pulling their hair out it seems, mine she thought was in the country but turns out the dealer was telling porky pies and it's still at the factory awaiting something!

Glad I held off getting a wall charger now, are you all sorted on that front?
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

So managed to get an update via vw chat this afternoon, after no joy with the first agent that is.

My week 9 car has finally gone to wait for a boat at Emden? I think she said, she couldn’t give me an eta on how long the boat would take but at least it’s not sat at the factory waiting for a part any longer!
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Just bringing this thread back to life, anyone else still awaiting delivery from Plan and have any updates on their build etc?
LR71

Post by LR71 »

Had an update on the 07th June saying the vehicle has left the factory and awaiting a ship to the UK.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Yeah about the same time as my last update, emailed Jenny yesterday and she is chasing dealer for an update, was hopeful it was soon to be in the UK and so finance docs could
Be issued. Still awaiting further response.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Would it be fair to request that the dealer performs any software updates outstanding or battery checks pre delivery at all? Keep seeing about people needing to book in for 3.2 or having battery module issues and thinking surely these are things that should be checked for new cars during the PDI?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

marknorton1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:33 pm Would it be fair to request that the dealer performs any software updates outstanding or battery checks pre delivery at all? Keep seeing about people needing to book in for 3.2 or having battery module issues and thinking surely these are things that should be checked for new cars during the PDI?
Your car will arrive with the latest software. It may even have 3.5 or something. New cars have been coming with 3.2 for many months now.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:52 pm
marknorton1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:33 pm Would it be fair to request that the dealer performs any software updates outstanding or battery checks pre delivery at all? Keep seeing about people needing to book in for 3.2 or having battery module issues and thinking surely these are things that should be checked for new cars during the PDI?
Your car will arrive with the latest software. It may even have 3.5 or something. New cars have been coming with 3.2 for many months now.
I was mostly concerned about battery issues I keep reading about that people are getting I guess, although mine was built in week 9, I guess I should hope the software is fairly current, not sure if anyone has taken delivery of a tour recently and confirmed the software version.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

marknorton1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:24 pm
sidehaas wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:52 pm
I was mostly concerned about battery issues I keep reading about that people are getting I guess, although mine was built in week 9, I guess I should hope the software is fairly current, not sure if anyone has taken delivery of a tour recently and confirmed the software version.
Like I said, every car has been arriving with 3.2 for ages now. There is no chance of a new car built in 2023 coming with an earlier version.
The battery recall is a precautionary check for older cars (built with 2.x) to be done at the same time as the software update while it's in the shop. For most people no work is actually required. It's not relevant to new cars because they shouldn't have any degradation yet.
(Or if you meant the 12V battery change, this was an upgrade of the 12V battery type done alongside the 2.4 update, originally intended partly to allow the battery to power the car for longer during OTA software updates, and which any car built with 3.0 or later already has).
In summary you have nothing to worry about.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Magic, thanks my friend, always worth asking just in case, hoping that the delivery day isnt to far off now!

Doesnt help sometimes being part of a facebook group for this model to mostly find all you read is about problems and breakdowns!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

marknorton1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:30 am Magic, thanks my friend, always worth asking just in case, hoping that the delivery day isnt to far off now!

Doesnt help sometimes being part of a facebook group for this model to mostly find all you read is about problems and breakdowns!
Internet forums and Facebook group's are definitely anxiety-inducing when waiting for a car :)
Occasionally there is a poll of owners on the Facebook groups asking how many people are satisfied with the car and how many have/haven't had significant problems. Fortunately they tend to tell a very different story from the general posts would imply :)