Intelligent Octopus fallen over??

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

We've not had Intelligent Octopus long, but until last night it worked perfectly. (Podpoint set to manual, ID.3 Tour with software version 3 no timer settings.)
Last night Intelligent Octopus failed to charge.
I set the Octopus app to charge up to 80% by 08.00
Neither my Podpoint nor my VW ID.3 has any timer settings set.
The car was set for a maximum charge to 80%

I plugged in yesterday afternoon at 48% and shortly after doing so my Octopus app it had mapped a charging schedule for
01.00-01.30
01.30-05.00

In the event no charging occurred at all.

Correspondence on Facebook shows owners of other cars (Kia and Audi) have also failed.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump

Franksie

Post by Franksie »

Mine didn’t charge either i have a zappi 2 normally no issues it appears vw have pissed about with software. I have read numerous posts that people had problems overnight. My vw app is still telling me my 12v battery is low never had this before this needs addressing
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

No issues here - Are you on SkyBroadband per chance? They were down in large areas of Scotland last night
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Not on Sky.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Octopus said it had failed because I had set the car's maximum charge level to 80%. I don't believe that.
Chris Jenkins says that VW had some problems with their servers and they were failing to communicate with Octopus, so Intelligent Octopus sessions did not start as they should have done.
I succeeded in charging last night, but I started the charge myself at 23.30 when the IO cheap period starts.
If the problem was with VW's servers it does raise the question as to how we are meant to know? It's not good enough just to come to the car in the morning and find that we have no electricity.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Same happened to me last night, although I didn't get the notifictaion in the Octopus App that a schedule had been prepared. I've also been unable to sink the id app to the car since Weds morning. I'm assuming issue is to do with the VW servers, which (at least in my case) still seem to be down. As I'd read there were previous issues and I didn't get confirmation of charging plan I stayed up to switch charge on manualy. Wondering whether the 2 p saving compared to Octopus Go is worth the hassel/ worry that won't charge - for me its about £60 a year
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

Didn’t have any issues the other day but a 200 mile drive planned on Saturday morning and this thread is making me nervous. Think I might try and charge to 100% on IO tonight to allow me to schedule a manual charge on Friday night if it fails.

Downside is I’ll lose the efficiency of leaving home with a warmer battery on Saturday but small price to pay for a better nights sleep!
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

No issues last night. Car charged to 100% as per IO schedule.
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Mine charged last night, (13th jul)
but it failed to charge the night before.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

similar problems with me = here is my message on the Intelligent Octopus Facebook group

ntelligent Octopus failed the last two nights. Zappi and VW Id3 on software 3.2
There were a couple of posts relating to the night of 12 / early morning 13th July saying that charging failed, one reply saying that VW had some server issues.
However now for 2 nights running my charge has failed - been working fine for the last 2 months.
Plugged in, started charging, informed of charging schedule fine and charge then stopped as usual. Normally re-starts on the first block of charging schedule. However never completed the schedule and car either not charged at all, or partially charged.
The car seems to be "on-line" fine, I can go to the "synchronise now" button in the Connect-ID app and get current data, location and switch on and off the Air-Conditioning.

Screenshot_20230714-115156_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230714-115108_Gallery.jpg

Ordered 11 Jan 22,
Order number 3159****
Family pro performance , Kings Red, assist pk plus, Derry.
build history:
Aug22 Code 20, build week of 46
mid Oct 22 Code 20, week 16
mid Dec 22 Code 10, week 12
19 Dec 22 Code 10, week 10
26 April 2023, delivered
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

Four days after my ID.3 failed to charge using its Intelligent Octopus charging slots I now get this from VW:
"Please be aware that the issue you are reporting, might have to do with an unplanned outage that took place at the time on our servers, affecting the remote services.

As the outage has by now been resolved, kindly check if you are still encountering any difficulties."
Wouldn't it be nice if there was some way they could tell us at the time.
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump