3.2 Update Woes

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

So... After a cancelled install the car finally went in for it's 3.2 update last week.

It was also in for the other recall, the 93P7 - mine is S-replace, wasn't check and replace.

Took 3 days, but I couldn't pick the car up until yesterday as I was ill for a few days.

Went to pick car up, jumped in and immediately get the drive error, visit workshop error. I hadn't moved from the parking space, so off I go back in to the garage.

Call this morning and it's dead, has to get on a lorry to my nearest battery centre.

They have no idea how long it will be in for, I will get an update later today apparently. But to set my expectations early, the poor chap on the phone had to tell me that the batteries were on a long lead time - I have a feeling I'm going to be this dealer worst customer for the foreseeable.

They gave me a Golf to use in the meantime, but they don't have any EV for customer use.

I asked who is picking up the bill for my fuel then and he said it wasn't them? I'm sure I've read on here or on FB that someone got their expenses reimbursed. Can anyone offer advice? Should the dealer be doing this, or do I need to be banging on VW customer service door?

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

So sorry you're having such a bad experience. Mine came back yesterday, the dealership had it over a week. The software update failed the first attempt near the end of the process, and they had to repeat the last stage, which thankfully went okay on the second attempt. My car didn't have any battery modules fail the test, but I did get a full set of four new tyres as part of the recall, which I count as a win.

Mine has been fine since I got it back. There are a lot of steps for the owner to take (reconnecting the car to the mobile app, for instance) which are tedious, but dealt with exhaustively elsewhere on this forum.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

Update..

I got a call yesterday afternoon and an MG4 EV arrived at my office.

So I'm in an EV, but after speaking to the garage this morning, the car is still there and not at the battery centre yet.

When I asked if we were talking a week or a month - he said probably longer!! When I was talking with him about getting it booked in for the recall, before it broke - he said they were booking for next year as they were so busy. I really hope it's not several months that they have my car for???!!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

This doesn't really make sense? If your recall was S-Replace then it needed to go to a Battery Centre from Day 1? It's almost no surprise you got the error as soon as it was updated.
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:44 am This doesn't really make sense? If your recall was S-Replace then it needed to go to a Battery Centre from Day 1? It's almost no surprise you got the error as soon as it was updated.
I told them I had S-replace and they were insistent it was check first... I pointed them at the Australian site and they were having none of it, clearly didn't check before starting too..

I've had no contact from them so chased this morning. Car is still at the dealership and hasn't even made it to the BCC yet! It can't be driven so they're still waiting for VW assist apparently.

Not impressed with VW service, yet again.

I'm wondering if a call to Customer Service is worthwhile, or will I just wasting more of my time again...