OBD11 after the dealership software upgrade from 2.4 to 3.2

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Since the dealership software upgrade I've been unable to use my OBD11 dongle to turn off Lane Assist.
I managed successfully to update We Connect to my car and establish myself as the main driver and then tried to use the dongle.
I've been in touch with OBD but they seem unable to help. I've had suggestions of using the phone closer to the dongle and opening the bonnet!

Eventually I re-installed the app, created a new account, and finally got the app to connect to the car [still showing 40+ faults btw!]
But then, instead of a scrolling list of their apps there was a screen that showed three catagories of apps; but nothing in any catagory.
There was a search facility, but searching on Lane Assist produced no results. Since then I've been unable to get the app to even connect to the car/dongle at all.
OBD have suggested I try an Android phone!
Anyone else having difficulties like this please?
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Don't use OBD myself but have seen someone else say that since 3.2 the app shortcut to remember lane assist being off has now gone, instead they had to "long code" it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:34 am Don't use OBD myself but have seen someone else say that since 3.2 the app shortcut to remember lane assist being off has now gone, instead they had to "long code" it.
Thanks sidehass - if only I could get the app to connect in the first place! Not that I'd know how to long code anyway.
Still chasing OBD to see what else they can come up with ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

In addition to the above, has anyone with an Android based phone had problems with OBD11, since the upgrade to v3.2 software on their ID3 please?
mmdaver

Post by mmdaver »

I've just tried the same with no luck. Please post if you get this working as lane assist is not fit for purpose. Lane assist has been turned back on after dealer update to V3.1 SW in my case and ODB11 is not able to connect to any modules to let me re-code. I've been happy for the last year after successfully coding this in V2.4 SW with ODB11.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

mmdaver wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:38 pm I've just tried the same with no luck. Please post if you get this working as lane assist is not fit for purpose. Lane assist has been turned back on after dealer update to V3.1 SW in my case and ODB11 is not able to connect to any modules to let me re-code. I've been happy for the last year after successfully coding this in V2.4 SW with ODB11.
Still trying on iPhone here. OBD have updated the app during this struggle, but they're still working on it.
I get as far as trying to apply the change, and then it fails!
I will update here when things change.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

Contacted OBD11 and they say that there has been a lot of issues since the 3.2 update and the most common error is the “check ignition and try again” error. They said they will try to sort it out on an actual ID3. No timescales though. Meanwhile its back to the turn it off manually on every trip.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Battery Life said recently that since 3.2, to use OBD11 successfully he had to have the bonnet open at the time.
I don't know if this helps.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:29 am Battery Life said recently that since 3.2, to use OBD11 successfully he had to have the bonnet open at the time.
I'd love to hear an explanation for that!

Splitty - yes, they're waiting to get an ID.3 to check this - it's been weeks already.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:29 am Battery Life said recently that since 3.2, to use OBD11 successfully he had to have the bonnet open at the time.
It works! Just tried it and it went through without a hitch. Open the Bonnet and the App stops barfing on “Check Ignition and Try Again”

However, I can’t get some of the other apps to work as they need SFD unlock and the App seems to pop up a list of countries, except there aren’t any to choose from and you can’t enter them manually. Will let OBDEleven know.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Splitty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:24 am
It works! Just tried it and it went through without a hitch. Open the Bonnet and the App stops barfing on “Check Ignition and Try Again”

However, I can’t get some of the other apps to work as they need SFD unlock and the App seems to pop up a list of countries, except there aren’t any to choose from and you can’t enter them manually. Will let OBDEleven know.
Just re-tried and it works!
Bonnet open [what??].
BUT there was also a device update involved.
Not sure if this was the app or the OBD11 dongle. But it worked ...
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Glad to have helped:)
gwr

Post by gwr »

As this is supposed to be a safety measure is your insurance still valid if you turn it off using OBD? It has a pretty amusing attitude to single-track roads, as does the speed limit recognition, but I can't say it bothers me.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

gwr wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:51 am As this is supposed to be a safety measure is your insurance still valid if you turn it off using OBD?
As it's possible to turn it off manually, then I'd say the insurance is still valid. It's a driver choice for any given situation.
When an oncoming large vehicle dominates the road (I'm talking an ordinary A road here) then as a driver you tend
to keep left. The lane assist pushes you toward to middle of the road, and the oncoming vehicle - no thanks!
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

I quite like the lane assist, and if one indicates eg left, it refrains from making hints.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

Yep that’s all good on a major road, but where I live there are no white lines and it tries to pull me in to the edge of the road and the pothole I am trying to avoid (or the cyclist, dog walker etc)