Intelligent Octopus Woes

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Yes off peak is 23.30-05.30 but sometimes you get bonus off peak times depending on the grid. Glad you are all sorted now.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys

Tony Cr

Post by Tony Cr »

I too am having problems with IO. I have a 21plate pro performance updated to 3.1 at the end of July and a zappi charger. I cant get past the error message that says the car is not found. Octopus have yet to come back with a solution. I read this about parking position but cant see that on the app. The car is obviously switched off with the car in parked. I have the weconnect plus and we connect loaded and my account is active. Any suggestions? (I cant get the facebook link to work)
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

By parking position I think it means set a location, under your charging tab there’s a way to set a location, set it at your home and make sure your car isn’t blocking any data which I think is under the privacy settings.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

I have a 2021 ID3 Pro and have changed from Octopus Go to Intelligent and all gone through fine. I have a Zappi charger. I also signed up for the Electroverse card which I used on a trip to Cardiff last saturday, and it worked fine on a local fast charger. The trip was 190 miles return (as 100% charge overnight got me 256 mile potential. I didn't speed on the motorway and drove reasonable carefully averaging 4.6 mpkwh) so I didn't need a charge, but tried it anyway.
Hope this useful info.
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

steviebabes wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:28 am Yes off peak is 23.30-05.30 but sometimes you get bonus off peak times depending on the grid. Glad you are all sorted now.
I’ve been plugging in at weekends in the morning (usually around 8am) for a number of weeks now. Mine gone to off peak every time until 11am.

Same thing Mon-Fri during a recent week off work.

Good time to get use the electric shower, tumble dryer etc.
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
Hughsie

Post by Hughsie »

Interesting the ID3 / intelligent Octopus via Zappi tariff is only in beta mode and doesn’t seem to work.
I have been around the houses with each combination of settings following discussion with Octopus.
Life Pro 2022 model anyone actually got this working? I‘d love to know how!
Cheers
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Hughsie wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:57 pm Interesting the ID3 / intelligent Octopus via Zappi tariff is only in beta mode and doesn’t seem to work.
I have been around the houses with each combination of settings following discussion with Octopus.
Cheers
If your car is on software 3.0 or later it should work. You need to turn off all zappi smart functions (is it called fast charging mode I think?) and then set IO up to schedule through the car.
If your car is on 2.4 or earlier you are out of luck until you get the 3.2 update.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hughsie wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:57 pm Interesting the ID3 / intelligent Octopus via Zappi tariff is only in beta mode and doesn’t seem to work.
Cheers
I had to jump through a few hoops to get it working with my Zappi (V2)....

Firstly, turn off the privacy settings in the car to let the API know where the car is and set your HOME location in the car software.

Secondly, turn off all charging 'controls' in the car where it only charges at certain times and certain places. Assuming you're only going to be using 'plug and forget' charging through Octopus app, turn off all charging limits in the car too.

Thirdly, turn off any smart settings in the MyEnergi app for the Zappi (V2), charging mode Fast, boost settings Manual

When I set this up in July, there was a problem with the Android app....no matter what I did with my phone, Samsung S23 Ultra, the test charge failed....discussed this with Octopus who acknowledged this but I was able to borrow my daughter's iPhone and get it set up that way.

Once I did this, smooth sailing since.....other than when my wife forgot to unlock the Zappi :roll:
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Turquoise wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:42 pm Update on Zappi integration: https://x.com/sarah_go_green/status/170 ... 26283?s=20
Funnily enough I just came across all this Zappi/IO guidance and thought some here might find it useful:

https://support.myenergi.com/hc/en-gb/a ... V7jzBLJzOk
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CoalPorter

Post by CoalPorter »

Been struggling to get this working. I have (believe I have) set everything as it should be… We Connect and We Connect Plus installed, Home location set (with all schedules off), Parking Position on, connection established from Octopus via enode, but every time I test the connection I get the dreaded “uh oh, something went wrong” message 🤬.

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Octopus app (on iPhone), but even though the deletion should clean out any stored data it doesn’t remove the car connection so I can see no way to re-do this from scratch just in case…

Oh yes, the car has been updated to 3.2!

In case it matters, it’s a Life Pro Performance.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks!
Chris

Post by Chris »

I’ve been trying to get on intelligence for around a month now and have spent hours on the phone and emailing them going through different departments and complaints with no fix, my go faster tariff ends in a matter of days now.

I’m switching over to a ev tariff with British gas, you get five hours cheap from midnight
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

@Chris - I’m sure you’ve tried this - but I switched from go faster to IO via the app. In 5 min.
Chris

Post by Chris »

@MotMot yes tried the app and have done the test in excess of 100 times but it just times out
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

When I switched to IO the set up worked, however the car and the Ohme charger didn’t want to function. The car charged as it pleased at the high rate. I resorted to switching to to charger only control, during the reduced times. Octopus were great and did give a credit on the over charged amount though.

As the Ohme charger has managed to charge the car as required with no concerns, I’ve left that in control with charger timings (low rate), programmed in that end.

Just need to remember to set the charge to 100% in the car when going on a long run, as well as the Ohme app.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Twisted enigma wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:21 am When I switched to IO the set up worked, however the car and the Ohme charger didn’t want to function. The car charged as it pleased at the high rate. I resorted to switching to to charger only control, during the reduced times. Octopus were great and did give a credit on the over charged amount though.

As the Ohme charger has managed to charge the car as required with no concerns, I’ve left that in control with charger timings (low rate), programmed in that end.

Just need to remember to set the charge to 100% in the car when going on a long run, as well as the Ohme app.
"Just need to remember to set the charge to 100% in the car when going on a long run”
Might just be my setup, but just be aware that you may have to remember to turn off the “battery care” setting when wanting to charge to 100%. First time I did a 100% charge, it failed due to that setting.
bazmac

Post by bazmac »

CoalPorter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:48 pm Been struggling to get this working. I have (believe I have) set everything as it should be… We Connect and We Connect Plus installed, Home location set (with all schedules off), Parking Position on, connection established from Octopus via enode, but every time I test the connection I get the dreaded “uh oh, something went wrong” message 🤬.

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Octopus app (on iPhone), but even though the deletion should clean out any stored data it doesn’t remove the car connection so I can see no way to re-do this from scratch just in case…

Oh yes, the car has been updated to 3.2!

In case it matters, it’s a Life Pro Performance.

Any suggestions welcome - thanks!
Not sure if it will help

I was having loads of issues getting IO to complete a test charge and finally got it to work after doing the following.

Followed the IO on boarding via the app and
Just after starting the test charge used my chargers boost function.
It seemed to work and I have had no problems so far, been about 2 months now. Actually bump charging now and getting the cheap rate.
58k Pro Performance
Glacier white
East derrys
DL2004

Post by DL2004 »

EdinburghID3 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:00 pm
Dinsdale wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:34 am
DumfriesDik wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:30 am I am no expert, but I thought the ID series were excluded from IO because of the API isn't yet available??
No Mine works fine with it, Tour with factory 3.2. I signed up using "ID3 pro S" using a zappi charger, done the test charge and it just works.

when you signed up there are a lot of varients of id3, Pro s, Pro, pro performance, 1st etc. could be that, guessing yours is a pro performance or is your smartphone on the latest version of android? should not make that much difference but maybe worth checking?
I have a Zappi as well. Car is on 3.2 and zappi set to fast mode but still having issues when plugging in. Tonight the “short charge” got to 11kw before I realised it was running and intervened to stop it.

Any tips?
Just ordered an ID3 and been reading up on the forum. Signed up with Octopus energy and saw the opportunity to use a referral code and you're the first one I saw in the signature so hopefully it's gone through :)
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Scratch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:52 am Might just be my setup, but just be aware that you may have to remember to turn off the “battery care” setting when wanting to charge to 100%. First time I did a 100% charge, it failed due to that setting.
Was that because there were multiple charging blocks? Battery care _should_ let you charge to 100% once, it just sets it to 80% afterwards.

I guess the statement is try it before you need it.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:55 pm
Scratch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:52 am Might just be my setup, but just be aware that you may have to remember to turn off the “battery care” setting when wanting to charge to 100%. First time I did a 100% charge, it failed due to that setting.
Was that because there were multiple charging blocks? Battery care _should_ let you charge to 100% once, it just sets it to 80% afterwards.

I guess the statement is try it before you need it.
By “multiple charging blocks”, do you mean the IO charging schedule being split into various time frames? If so, then no. To charge to 100% with IO, I had to select “bump charge” in the Octopus app, as I was charging from 80% to 100% outside the cheap hours. This (I assume), tells IO not to create the charging schedule, and I didn’t get one for that. Or maybe you are trying to charge to 100% within an IO charging schedule, then my scenario won’t be relevant.