Software bugs - V3.5

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi people

So, we’ve had our car 3 weeks tomorrow. First week with no issues. The last two weeks have thrown up a few very minor niggles.
1. Voice recognition wake up word had to be turned off because the it would burst into life without even the remotest mention of ‘Hello ID’. It would wake to ‘By the way, what’s for dinner’ or ‘Slow down, there’s a horse’.

2. The passenger seat back has reclined twice to a lying back position.

3. When listening to the radio, Apple CarPlay starts up and mutes the radio. This is quite annoying to be fair - happened about 4 times during one journey.

4. Every time we start the car, the infotainment screen briefly displays ‘not available’ before loading.

5. Not a software issue but the car sounds like a tube train with braking - possibly the harmonics of regeneration?

Has anyone had any of these issues?

Thanks - Rob
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:24 am Hi people

So, we’ve had our car 3 weeks tomorrow. First week with no issues. The last two weeks have thrown up a few very minor niggles.
1. Voice recognition wake up word had to be turned off because the it would burst into life without even the remotest mention of ‘Hello ID’. It would wake to ‘By the way, what’s for dinner’ or ‘Slow down, there’s a horse’.

3. When listening to the radio, Apple CarPlay starts up and mutes the radio. This is quite annoying to be fair - happened about 4 times during one journey.

4. Every time we start the car, the infotainment screen briefly displays ‘not available’ before loading.

5. Not a software issue but the car sounds like a tube train with braking - possibly the harmonics of regeneration?

Thanks - Rob
1. Is normal and always has been, it's over sensitive. Just turn it off, you can still activate voice control using the steering wheel button so there is no loss of functionality.

2. Not heard of that but very few people have electric seats in ID3. Might be worth asking on an ID4 forum where I think they are more common.

3. This is normal, Carplay butts in whenever the phone receives a message or something. Android Auto doesn't do it so I have always assumed it's a problem with Carplay rather than the car. The iPhone is my wife's so I haven't buried in the phone settings to see if you can change it, probably worth a look.
Edit to add - if you don't want to use Carplay, you can still disconnect it in the infotainment settings -> mobile devices menu.

4. Never heard of that, although slow infotainment start up is a common complaint.

5. Regen sounds different from brakes but it's pretty quiet, I'm not sure I'd have described it as like being on a tube train... maybe get an independent view on the car if it is loud. Perhaps you are just picking up the pedestrian warning sound when the car is at low speed?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
N21

Post by N21 »

Is this the first report of 3.5 in an ID.3? It might well be!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

N21 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:06 am Is this the first report of 3.5 in an ID.3? It might well be!
Pretty sure new cars have been coming with 3.5 for a few months now.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
N21

Post by N21 »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:10 am
N21 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:06 am Is this the first report of 3.5 in an ID.3? It might well be!
Pretty sure new cars have been coming with 3.5 for a few months now.
Shows how out of the loop I am haha. Good to know!
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:54 am
Dermottdog wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:24 am Hi people

Thanks - Rob
1. Is normal and always has been, it's over sensitive. Just turn it off, you can still activate voice control using the steering wheel button so there is no loss of functionality.

2. Not heard of that but very few people have electric seats in ID3. Might be worth asking on an ID4 forum where I think they are more common.

3. This is normal, Carplay butts in whenever the phone receives a message or something. Android Auto doesn't do it so I have always assumed it's a problem with Carplay rather than the car. The iPhone is my wife's so I haven't buried in the phone settings to see if you can change it, probably worth a look.
Edit to add - if you don't want to use Carplay, you can still disconnect it in the infotainment settings -> mobile devices menu.

4. Never heard of that, although slow infotainment start up is a common complaint.

5. Regen sounds different from brakes but it's pretty quiet, I'm not sure I'd have described it as like being on a tube train... maybe get an independent view on the car if it is loud. Perhaps you are just picking up the pedestrian warning sound when the car is at low speed?
Thanks👍

Might try and record the noise.

Other than these minor issues, the car looks and drives great. The memory parking function is spot on.
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
TimF

Post by TimF »

4 is not unusual for me - once system is up it's common for the signal strength indicator to be only one bar, so I've always assumed poor 3G (or whatever it is) service takes a while to get established.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Couple of things to speed up infotainment boot up.
1. NEVER have the ID maps/nav as one of your tiles/widgets... this seems to take a while to boot up compared to everything else. Since I took this off, its miles faster. Might just be me but worth a try.
2. Unlocking the car starts the boot process - so doing this - perhaps as you are putting your shoes on etc.. - can help.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

MotMot wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:01 am Couple of things to speed up infotainment boot up.
1. NEVER have the ID maps/nav as one of your tiles/widgets... this seems to take a while to boot up compared to everything else. Since I took this off, its miles faster. Might just be me but worth a try.
2. Unlocking the car starts the boot process - so doing this - perhaps as you are putting your shoes on etc.. - can help.
Agree with this, I have got in the habit with mine of usually unlocking it with the fob as I approach rather than using keyless entry (so it can start up early as you suggest).
Also, once I am on the car, I press the Ok button immediately I get in, but don't press the brake until immediately before I'm ready to drive. I think this helps the boot up process a bit too because it isn't doing so much at once. With this approach I find it always boots up reasonably fast.