"Electric Drive not Working properly" fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
LetMeOut!

Post by LetMeOut! »

Hi

Following a visit to get the software updates to 3.2 and the battery module check recall, the warning is now showing "Elect ric Drive not Working properly - Please visit workshop"on start up.

This disappears on setting off.

The garage doing the checks notes that one of the battery modules needs replacing and I've an appointment next Jan to sort this.

Is this a concern, panic, or just wait for the Jan fix?

Dave

LetMeOut!

Post by LetMeOut! »

Update: the fault stays on now, with yellow warning sign while driving.

Managed to speak to Vertu servicing, who have been advised by VW UK, that this fault will show up untill the faulty module is replaced.

In the meanwhile it's safe to drive.

Unless it's hiding something else in which case a diagnostic check would help. First available slot? End of Sept.

Meh!
TimF

Post by TimF »

Search for this message on the forums (eg viewtopic.php?t=2681) - it can mean anything from the car might suddenly lock the drive and need extensive attention to operate again, to the system has got its knickers in a twist, the car behaves perfectly normally apart from displaying the warning, and (eventually) it will sort itself out and the warning will disappear. I hope you're in the latter category!
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I've had this come up too now. Had 3.2 done about 3 weeks ago and never had the error before. Booked in for next week to have a look at it as it's been on for 24 hours now and the car's travelled about 40 miles in that period of time. Amber light still on.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

LetMeOut! wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:39 pm Update: the fault stays on now, with yellow warning sign while driving.

Managed to speak to Vertu servicing, who have been advised by VW UK, that this fault will show up untill the faulty module is replaced.

In the meanwhile it's safe to drive.

Unless it's hiding something else in which case a diagnostic check would help. First available slot? End of Sept.

Meh!
End of sept slot is pretty good to get it looked at - given the wait some others have been given!
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Update from mine on this one, I've driven for about a month with the light on. My car wasn't on the recall list for battery modules, however Marshall's in Oxford were able to look at it (usual debacle with VW and miscommunications) this week and they are keeping the car for a week as they have the part in, and nearly couldn't give me a loan car but they've managed to sort me out thankfully. So given the lead times some people have faced, hopefully mine is going to be sorted sooner rather than later.