3.2 installed at the dealer today!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
N21

Post by N21 »

Sorry if already answered but are dealers doing 3.2 > 3.5 yet?

Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

N21 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:06 pm Sorry if already answered but are dealers doing 3.2 > 3.5 yet?
What advantage & functions does 3.5 provide over 3.2?

I doubt that 3.5 would be rolled out for existing cars until the 3.2 "campaign" (aka recall) has been completed and VW can provide a really reliable OTA process. (They won't be wanting to repeat the costs of another dealer installed update any time soon)
phixion

Post by phixion »

Collected car today, 3.2 installed, 2 new ECUs to fix broken keyless entry and cruise control limiter and a track rod end fixed due to a fault from factory that I had no idea existed.

Tyres didn't need changing as they were Bridgestones.

All working fine so far, demist button the dash works fine, blasts air like normal.

Only disappointment is one of the service staff put a scratch on the leather steering wheel :(
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

duncsand wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:29 pm I just got the call, about 6 hours after I dropped the car off - all done, 3.2 installed and passed the battery check with no issues. 🥳
So did mine and then 3 weeks after installing I got the electric drive error light, now it's been identified as having a faulty module and it's being replaced.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Gwyver wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:14 pm
N21 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:06 pm Sorry if already answered but are dealers doing 3.2 > 3.5 yet?
What advantage & functions does 3.5 provide over 3.2?

I doubt that 3.5 would be rolled out for existing cars until the 3.2 "campaign" (aka recall) has been completed and VW can provide a really reliable OTA process. (They won't be wanting to repeat the costs of another dealer installed update any time soon)
100% There's been no mention I have seen of any camapaign to follow the current recall updates. Plus (more cynically) a lot of the early cars will start to drift out of warranty soon and I suspect we'll have only safety updates rolled out. I can't recall what has been guaranteed for cars for future updates, as I say just been cynical.
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Got 3.2 installed at the dealer on Monday/Tuesday. Had to go back as the automatic matrix headlights stopped working. Ok now after another two hour visit. Got a message on the app now that I don't have a contract for online mobile services. Click on that and it takes me to the my Volkswagen website but can't see how to fix it. They really don't make it easy!! Any guidance from the collective. Many thanks.
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

3twins wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:27 am Got 3.2 installed at the dealer on Monday/Tuesday. Had to go back as the automatic matrix headlights stopped working. Ok now after another two hour visit. Got a message on the app now that I don't have a contract for online mobile services. Click on that and it takes me to the my Volkswagen website but can't see how to fix it. They really don't make it easy!! Any guidance from the collective. Many thanks.
Go to the in car shop in the infotainment, download both WeConnect and then WeConnect plus.
Then go to the user menu and make sure have both the relevant privacy permissions set on.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Many thanks. The app opens your my VW account and the connected services option does nothing. That makes it easier.👍
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.