Suspicious E-mail from VW Financial Services (NOT)

The place to discuss everything else..
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Hi

This dropped into my inbox this morning, I do pay for my car through VW Financial Services but this does look very dodgy.
The grammar in the initial sentence is poor, the 0800 number looks genuine and I'm not sure about the web or e-mail address.
Anyone else had this, it was sent to undisclosed recipients.
I'm off out for a few hours but will check, independently, with VW FS when I get back

If the payment will be made on time and there are no factors impacting your ability to pay then please ignore this email.

Dear Customer,

We write with regards to your agreement to confirm that you have a payment due shortly.

If there has been a change in your circumstances which has impacted your ability to pay then please call us on 0800 912 3558 and speak to a member of the team between 9am and 8pm from Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm Saturday. If you are experiencing financial difficulties you can contact one of the free debt agencies listed below for advice.

Late payments can affect your Credit File so please contact us regarding your upcoming rental if you require additional support.

Yours sincerely,

Collections Department
Collections & Recoveries
VOLKSWAGEN FINANCIAL SERVICES (UK) LIMITED
Office: 08009123558
E-mail: CollectionsMailbox@vwfs.co.uk
Web: myvwfinance.vwfs.co.uk
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2

StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

Assuming there isn't a bogus email address under that mailto link, it looks genuine enough. It doesn't ask you to do anything so would be a poor candidate for a phishing email. Grammar seems unremarkable to me.
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

I would only be concerned if they were asking me to click on a link and update my details, in this email they are literally asking you to do the opposite and ignore it.
I suggest you ignore it !
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Since my original post on Monday, I have received two further E-mails and three text messages referring to the same concerns regarding the up and coming payment.

My payment went through today, the same date in the month that all the previous payments, since January, have gone through .

Obviously there has been nothing back from my enquiry regarding these messages from VW FS.

just weird
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

After receiving another E-mail, text message and a letter, I decided to phone VW FS

They told me it was an automated proactive response to the financial difficult times we are all facing.
They have no idea why I was sent them, my payment history shows all my payments were on time.
They have had customers contacting them with the same enquiry.
They have no idea which criteria has to be met to generate these messages.

It did seem to me to be quite worrying that they have some information about me giving them cause for concern, seems not though.

End of story............
Family Pro Performance
Ordered 31 October 2021
TimF

Post by TimF »

It's probably wrong to assume that VW has any sort of coherent policy on anything, but communications with the dealer for recalls and servicing suggest that they are trying to automate everything. I get emails, texts and phone call reminders for any appointment, with some of them urging me to "check in online" (which only means confirming what's already been confirmed in original booking AND when answering the phone call reminder). The car's recent service also produced a text and email pointing me at a video taken by the mechanic making the underbody / suspension / tyre inspection. I'm not on social media, otherwise I suspect I'd have had a barrage of stuff there too!