Has anyone tried Plug and Charge?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

DumfriesDik wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Oh no. I was going to try it at Carlisle on my next trip - have you (or anyone else) tried Gretna services?
I've not tried Gretna since I have had the use of plug and charge.
It wasn't a problem at Carlisle as I had my RFID card at hand just in case.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

steve

Post by steve »

I've used plug and charge with Electroverse twice. It worked well and so far no sign of a bill...
g320y

Post by g320y »

Tried at Ionity P'boro and Baldock over the holiday break - neither worked. Maybe need to reinstall?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I tried mine out for the first time a couple of weeks back. It worked first time but was quite slow. Apparently it's usually quicker on subsequent goes. I'm using Electroverse rather than wecharge.

The older wecharge free contracts don't allow plug n charge, until recently you had to be on a paid one - if it's not working that's a possible cause.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

steve wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:04 am I've used plug and charge with Electroverse twice. It worked well and so far no sign of a bill...
Nor for me. I think they sometimes bill up to three months after though. I saw them saying this in response to a Twitter complaint.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
steve

Post by steve »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:12 pm
steve wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:04 am I've used plug and charge with Electroverse twice. It worked well and so far no sign of a bill...
Nor for me. I think they sometimes bill up to three months after though. I saw them saying this in response to a Twitter complaint.
It has started billing me, as of a couple of weeks ago. Now the charge comes up almost immediately and Electroverse/Octopus take the money a few days later. This change was quite sudden: it started billing mid-journey after my second charge on that particular journey. No sign of the first charge and still no sign of the previous ones.
g320y

Post by g320y »

Have used ionity chippenham twice over last two weeks. First time plug and charge didn't work, second time as soon as plugged in plug and charge kicked in and it worked just fine. Not life changing but makes charging that bit easier.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Got my certificate installed and tried it on 3 occasions at Ionity Cambridge and Peterborough whilst visiting London. Worked just by plugging in and waiting a few minutes, no need for electroverse card it just starts. Problem so far is Octopus have yet to advise me of Kw used and costs incurred. First used now about 4 weeks ago, but still no response from them. They say Ionity have yet to advise them of any details.
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
milby3183

Post by milby3183 »

Yeh I use it with VW WeCharge and it works great, I use Cobham IONITY frequently and always works without any issues. Plug in and leave it to do its thing. They have just increased the amount of chargers there too so less likely to have to wait like before!