Variable boot hight kit

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Guy's, I'm looking at getting the kit for the car but the German site that sells it doesn't deliver to the UK. Has anyone bought one from somewhere else other than the dealers.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I'll prefix this with "I haven't bought it", but I have this in my bookmarks to purchase once the car arrives / after the wife decides she wants it.

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/10A8 ... ne-vw-audi

I was planning on emailing them to confirm what I think it is.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Before you spend the money, be sure you want it. It reduces the boot capacity quite a bit. Ours is an annoyance.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

I took mine out as soon as we got the car not sure why it's useful to have a smaller boot?
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Not concerned about making the boot smaller as I just want to hide the cables.
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

I find it very useful to stash stuff that I don't use often under the lid, as well as keep the charging cable there. Not sure I'd pay £100 for it though.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Our ID3 Family has the adjustable floor. IMHO a complete waste of time and £££. It makes the boot space much smaller etc.
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

The variable height boot was standard with our Max and we like it for the following reasons: when we're not carrying anything big, the floor remains in the upper position and thus with minimal load lip, ideal for loading up the bags of compost etc. In addition, the Type 2 and Granny charger cables are tucked under the boot floor, thus easy to get to if we need whilst not in the way. When we go on hols we remove the boot floor, put the cable(s) we require tucked under the front seats, and benefit from a much taller boot: it's surprising how much extra stuff you can get under the load cover
id3 Max 2021
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Our 1st Edition doesn't have the extra boot floor. When I was at the dealers last Thursday having dropped the car off for the v3.1 software recall (as they call it) I had a look at a new ID.3 in the showroom.

Must admit there is nothing there to make me want to drop a load more money. The boot floor was interesting but I couldn't really see the point of it. I looked in the boot of an ID.5 and the boot is vast with huge amounts of space below the false floor too. The car is way too big for us though. We are more likely to swap for an ID.2 at some future point in time ...

The only thing that I would like which we do not have is wireless charging.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Wireless charging is fine - unless you want to use your phone for navigation using Android Auto or CarPlay. The problem is that navigation requires a fair amount of processor power and the wireless charging struggles to keep up with the power usage. In addition - especially if your phone is in a case - the phone is likely to get very warm and might even shut down to protect itself
id3 Max 2021
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

Variable floor came with my car.

Nifty kit for 100 bucks in my view, hides the cables, dog blanket and some other crap.

On long trips it is removed, and I put the spare wheel (as it is too heavy for the fibreglass floor) in with a couple of bags.
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
Iansjh

Post by Iansjh »

We bought the kit from VW, wasn't expensive and three day delivery into the dealer. Simple to fit as well. It is great for hiding all of the usual bits you carry around, as well as being a better height for the dog. Also it is easy to remove if you need the full boot (although we can still get a full weeks shop in the boot with it fitted). Horses for courses, everyone has their own opinion, if it suits your needs, do it.
g320y

Post by g320y »

Our 3 month old facelift "Launch Edition" came with both variable boot and wireless charging as standard:
- variable height boot; horses for courses here really but we find it useful on a day to day basis to keep all your charging paraphenalia etc out of the way and the near level lip allows easy loading of heavier stuff. You can always take the floor out for larger stuff.
- wireless charging; useful for a trickle of charge but my iphone (with case on) overheats and switches itself off when charging and running a satnav at the same time. I should try it without the case....
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Boattrainman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:17 am Variable floor came with my car.

Nifty kit for 100 bucks in my view, hides the cables, dog blanket and some other crap.

On long trips it is removed, and I put the spare wheel (as it is too heavy for the fibreglass floor) in with a couple of bags.
Exactly the same for me.

BTW (long story) but I have a spare boot board (as new) if anyone wants to make me an offer! (Not got he plastic sides though for the full kit)
Simond

Post by Simond »

Hi MotMot, I might be interested in your spare boot board, will it be functional without the plastic trim ? I have a 23 reg ID3 Pro. I guess we’re talking collection of the part rather than postage/courier, I’m in Milton Keynes, where are you based ? Cheers Simon
Sdotk

Post by Sdotk »

No variable boot on out facelift Pro but the area under the flap for the tyre inflator is quite useful. Managed to squeeze the charging cable and a few other bits under there. The years of Tetris finally coming in useful!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Simond wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:38 pm Hi MotMot, I might be interested in your spare boot board, will it be functional without the plastic trim ? I have a 23 reg ID3 Pro. I guess we’re talking collection of the part rather than postage/courier, I’m in Milton Keynes, where are you based ? Cheers Simon
Manchester I'm afraid!