OHME app issue - showing 0% charge

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

After months of things working right for once, tonight I get home and the Ohme can’t see the right charge on the car. Car has 19%, Ohme thinks it has 0%.

Have restarted everything, closed and re opened all apps and the same issues.

Could be that the car doesn’t have 3G signal on my drive sometimes?

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Ohme assumes the car is at 0% if it can't detect the SoC when you plug it in. Could be a VW issue or an Ohme issue. Shouldn't matter. If you are scheduling via the Ohme you just need to tell it how much SoC to add instead of what SoC you want it to stop at. You can still set a charge limit as normal in the car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Hi had the very same issue tonight.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

Mark55 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:30 am Hi had the very same issue tonight.
Good to know. Might just be an issue with the Ohme servers. Thankfully I got some charge in as we have a lot of driving to do today, but will need to get to 100% tonight …
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

Been “updating” here for ages … that must The be issue.

IMG_9526.png

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Recently, I had a succession of messages from the Ohme charger about not being able to connect/out of range or something? I don't use the Ohme app so didn't bother about it but it does sound like Ohme has had a hiccup. Is it now resolved for you?

Sorry for such vague input!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
marsam71

Post by marsam71 »

Hi, first time posting here but read a lot before I got my ID3 (6 months ago) which persuaded me to get one. Car has been 99% perfect and I had an Ohme Pro installed 2-3 months ago. Has worked perfectly until last night when I got the 0% - and also again tonight. My car is online, nonissues there. I also have the updating on the My EV section of the app. Maybe it will resolve itself but I have emailed support at Ohme. Will update if I hear anything.
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

Sounds like it’s an issue Ohme’s end. I’ve emailed their support as well.
Cjd100

Post by Cjd100 »

Same issue today with my OHME charger, has been working well for months, Tronity able to connect via remote api, so I think this is an OHME issue.
keithbcp

Post by keithbcp »

Same here after working perfectly. Will give it some time before messing around with settings .
update. Decided to switch car on app. All now working again :D
Last edited by keithbcp on Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I had a similar problem that it was saying the car was offline. Tronity was working fine which meant it was an Ohme issue.
I resolved the issue by going in a switching car in the Ohme app but after selecting VW ID's I logged in to the VW account but when I went further the ID3 was not listed. From there I just back stepped all the way out and it reconnected the car to the Ohme and has worked ever since.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Just got this from Ohme. I had seen similar advice on Facebook and got it up and running before this email came through.

View Helpdesk Ticket Ohme Operations UK Ltd
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your message.
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Ohme recognising the battery status.

We have recently become aware that there is an issue affecting Volkswagen API functionalities. Our Product team is currently investigating this issue and will look to resolve this as soon as possible.

As an Ohme Labs feature, communication directly through your vehicle (via API) is still in development. As a result, it may not work as intended from time to time.

For the moment you would need to disconnect the API link (by clicking Continue Without Account after selecting your car make) and then adjust your charge schedule slightly to 'add' a certain amount of charge rather than meeting a 'target'.

There is more information about how to charge without API support in our support article below:

How do I choose the right schedule for my car?

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that as long as this issue is under investigation by the Product team, it will not be monitored for replies and will be considered closed. If you require any other assistance or have any other questions, please send a new email to help@ohme-ev.com

Kind regards,

Michael

Customer Care
Ohme wishes you a very merry festive season!
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
Lithium Brian

Post by Lithium Brian »

I had the same issue for the last few days.

I solved it like others here have done, by switching cars in the Ohme app.

My late '22 family pro performance now works with volkswagenid3id4 ID.3 as the profile.
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

I’ve logged back in and the ID3models are all back again.

IMG_9567.png

Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Lithium Brian wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:13 am I had the same issue for the last few days.

I solved it like others here have done, by switching cars in the Ohme app.

My late '22 family pro performance now works with volkswagenid3id4 ID.3 as the profile.
I also had this issue, and solved it by using the switch method. It looks like a more extensive list of ID vehicles was added and this broke the existing link.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
jmtrik

Post by jmtrik »

Just posting to say I also had this issue. Started a few days ago and switching cars in the Ohme app fixed it.
Mr Gear

Post by Mr Gear »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:33 pm I had a similar problem that it was saying the car was offline. Tronity was working fine which meant it was an Ohme issue.
I resolved the issue by going in a switching car in the Ohme app but after selecting VW ID's I logged in to the VW account but when I went further the ID3 was not listed. From there I just back stepped all the way out and it reconnected the car to the Ohme and has worked ever since.
Hi everyone, I joined the forum to ask this exact question, but thanks to this thread and specifically this response, I have resolved the issue.

Just wanted to say thanks and confirm this works.