Electronic Handbrake

The place to discuss everything else..
farrj032

Post by farrj032 »

Is there a way to manually release the electronic handbrake please?

RichyJ91

Post by RichyJ91 »

The auto hold brake? Tap the accelerator.
farrj032

Post by farrj032 »

Thanks for the reply. However, I was referring in case there is a fault in the car. If for any reason the car stops and needs to be towed, is there a way how it can be placed in neutral/free position in order to maneuver the car manually please?
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

Put it in Neutral?
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325
RichyJ91

Post by RichyJ91 »

farrj032 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:14 am Thanks for the reply. However, I was referring in case there is a fault in the car. If for any reason the car stops and needs to be towed, is there a way how it can be placed in neutral/free position in order to maneuver the car manually please?
Oh, sorry. I guess the simplest answer would be to select neutral gear, but I suppose that needs the car to actually power on. That’d present a problem. I do remember seeing a video of a Tesla getting towed with the tyres screeching up the back ramp as they didn’t know how to release the handbrake without being able to power it up.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

You can put it in neutral, but EVs aren't supposed to be towed like that for any distance anyway. RAC will generally bring out a low loader I think. AA have a nifty piece of kit that allows it to be towed. https://www.theaa.com/about-us/newsroom ... eeling-hub
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.