Water Ingress into Boot

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
MrsAmyHD

Post by MrsAmyHD »

Hi all
My boot keeps taking in water. There’s a little well which houses the first aid kit and emergency items but this often has around 6 inches of water in it. It smells stagnant and the carpet/boot is constantly wet. There’s also lots of condensation inside of the sun comes out. Taken to a dealership as car is less than a year old and told that under water flow testing no water gets into the boot. They have come to the conclusion that it’s happening because of the channels/roof gutters and is only draining into the boot when the channels are full and the boot is opened. They’ve said that there’s nothing they can do and it’s probs lay a design defect.

It’s a leased car. Any advice as to where I go from here please or if anyone else is experiencing this? Car is a 2023 ID3. Thanks.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Take it to a different dealer. It's not at all normal so it doesn't make sense that it could be a generic design defect.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Not had that in both of mine - and first time I’ve heard of the issue. BTW - does yours have a pano roof? There have been seal problems there. Though squeaks rather than leaks!