Double Buggies !?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Makro99

Post by Makro99 »

File under nice problems to have (!). I got an ID3 on the company car scheme. We currently have one kid and it suits our needs. We hadn’t had much luck growing the family, so I thought even if we were lucky to have another, four would be fine in an ID3 ….

Well, we are expecting twins which is wonderful! But we will
Outgrow the ID3, but still have 2 years on the lease.

I’m looking to supplement the ID3 with a bigger ICE or hybrid. So firstly any recommendations for that would be helpful. But mainly - does anyone here have experience with using double buggies in the ID3? Any which slict easily into the boot? Thanks.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Congrats!
I'm afraid I don't know on double buggies, it sounds tricky. Two things I can say just in case they are helpful are that you can get a lightweight toddler buggy very easily in below the kids' feet in the backseat, and that apparently it's possible to get three kids seats in the back if they are a slimline design (I was a bit disbelieving of this, but corrected by people with experience).

For a bigger car, I've looked at a few as we have an older ICE that I really want to replace when money permits - but with an EV. It's definitely worth noting that used ID4s, Enyaqs, Ioniq 5s and EV6s are all available for better prices now, in case it changes your mind about buying an ICE/hybrid. You can get an Enyaq 60 from about £23k, the rest (in bigger battery specs) from about £26k. Which is actually cheaper than you will find a hybrid Tiguan of similar age/mileage (for example).
ID4 and Enyaq have squarer boots than the Korean options. Over 500l so very practical. You'd still need slim car seats to get 3 in the back though.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Congratulations!!
To also help - I think you can fit one of those three across the back car seats that clip into two isofixes etc..
My sister in law has three kids and gets on well with an Enyaq.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Congratulations and I hope you solve your nice problem!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max