Chat GPT integrated in to new VW cars

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Having just watched the latest news from VW at CES24, it was stated that a new AI will be integrated into new cars from spring 2024. I thought I heard them say that existing cars will able to benefit from this too. Thoughts on this….
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It implied to me it was just cars with the new infotainment and software 4.0.
If it significantly improves the voice control system it would be a big benefit. Once you can reliably control anything in the car via voice that will completely change what the rest of the controls need to be like. Things like Google and similar aren't far off but they still get things wrong sometimes and they don't cover lots of car functions. The current VW system is far too unreliable.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
TimF

Post by TimF »

"AI" means different things to different people. The software already uses what some would term AI to recognise road signs, the vehicle ahead, etc. IMO the recognition of lane and kerb markings, AND correlating that with other aspects of the road / traffic situation, is nowhere near intelligent enough. The system which balances between HV and 12V batteries could also be considered AI?
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

They can barely cope with the software they've got now!
id3_life

Post by id3_life »

Existing cars meaning those with 4.0 software like the facelifted id.3/new id.7/etc. Old cars will not get it.
Basically when the vw voice control fails to understand what you’re on about it will send request anonymously to ChatGPT and reply when it gets the answer back, I assume it will be transparent to the user.
If you enjoy talking to your car or giving it voice commands you will like it.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

id3_life wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:42 am Existing cars meaning those with 4.0 software like the facelifted id.3/new id.7/etc. Old cars will not get it.
Basically when the vw voice control fails to understand what you’re on about it will send request anonymously to ChatGPT and reply when it gets the answer back, I assume it will be transparent to the user.
I don't think 4.0 software is available on the facelift ID.3 yet. My Nov one came with 3.5 which updated itself to 3.7 OTA.

I think 4.0 needs some different hardware so I don't expect mine to ever have it.
id3_life

Post by id3_life »

Sherlock wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:30 pm
id3_life wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:42 am Existing cars meaning those with 4.0 software like the facelifted id.3/new id.7/etc. Old cars will not get it.
I don't think 4.0 software is available on the facelift ID.3 yet. My Nov one came with 3.5 which updated itself to 3.7 OTA.

I think 4.0 needs some different hardware so I don't expect mine to ever have it.
You are right, I keep forgetting the the id.3 will only get the full facelift this year with the 12.9" screen from the the id.7, physical steering wheel buttons and 286hp motor.
Only models on 4.0 (12.9" screen) will get ChatGPT.
MattP

Post by MattP »

Why oh why. Sort the basics out first surely!
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910