Problems Easee Home+Octopus+ID3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andy47

Post by andy47 »

I charge my ID.3 at home with an Easee Home using Intelligent Octopus with access controlled by physical ID Easee keys.

This worked fine for about 6 months but recently I have been having issues with access control where I could not authorise the charge when first plugging in at say 8pm at night with the keys.

I asked Easee Helpline and they changed access to control to "anyone with an Easee account" in the app. which strangely still required the charger itself to be authorised with a physical key and also the app to be authorised with an iPhone authorisation. I then tended to receive Octopus info. messages saying "could not control" during the night but still got the full charge rate of 7.4. KwH so I ignored these messages.

Last light I tried reverting back to just authorisation via the keys. I authorised with just the keys at set up time - all seemed good unlike before. But then as before and during the night I got an Octopus info. messages saying "could not control" but this time only got a low emergency charge rate of 1.2Kwh.

It all seems a bit of a mess. Anyone else having these problems?
ID3 MaxPro
Manganese, alloy wheels "Andoya"
Ordered Sept 21, received July 23
Intelligent Octopus, Easee Home