Consumption?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Does anyone else have doubts about the consumption data being shown in the car? I’ve just done a trip whereby the car is saying it achieved 3.2Miles/kWh
If I do my man maths (other genders are available) I calculate 1.7Miles/kWh. Odd? Or am I missing something? The temperature at the time was at or below zero, which makes 3.2 seem optomistic.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I have confidence in it, as long as you realise that it only starts counting "since start" data once you press the brake; anything before that gets lost so if you either preheat or sit in the car for a while before starting then the data for short journeys will be unrepresentative.
Note, if you are calculating your own data for a short journey using % battery change it is extremely inaccurate because the % doesn't reduce linearly, I noticed this when I was using Ttonity for a while (which does exactly that and is therefore very inaccurate on short journeys).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

So if I understand correctly, if I preheat the car for about 5 minutes, then get in and hit the break pedal, the car calculation doesn’t take into account any energy expended for the preheat? So in that case the 3.2 figure I am seeing could be true for the journey but is not true in relation to the initial pre preheat charge level?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Correct, at least approximately.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

I find the whole range left 'Guessometer' hilarious to be honest.

It's nothing but a shot in the dark by the cars AI based on numerous factors, and should be seen as a very fuzzy approximation.

A larger display of battery percentage remaining would be better, maybe with a green 100 - 50%, amber 50 - 25%, red 25 - 10% zone thingy, with a flashing symbol below 10%...........with the range figure as a guide only.

Rob
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Boattrainman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:18 am I find the whole range left 'Guessometer' hilarious to be honest.

It's nothing but a shot in the dark by the cars AI based on numerous factors, and should be seen as a very fuzzy approximation.

A larger display of battery percentage remaining would be better, maybe with a green 100 - 50%, amber 50 - 25%, red 25 - 10% zone thingy, with a flashing symbol below 10%...........with the range figure as a guide only.

Rob
It does go amber at 20% and red at 10%.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:00 pm
Boattrainman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:18 am I find the whole range left 'Guessometer' hilarious to be honest.

Rob
It does go amber at 20% and red at 10%.
It’s not so much the distance guessometer. The question was about the miles/kWh. I take very little notice of the projected miles but do take notice of the % battery level.
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Hi
If you are looking for more info about the car, battery, heating and consumption plus loads of other data that the car collects then.
I would recommend the "car scanner app.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943