If you could have ONE feature

The place to discuss everything else..
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Given the number of 22KW AC chargers there are near me another very useful feature in my opinion would be for the ID.3 to be able to use these fully, and not be limited to 11KW.

Many of these chargers have limits of 3 or 4 hours charging with £50/£100 excess charges if you exceed this time.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Scratch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am
DumfriesDik wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:41 am
Gwyver wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:54 am The behaviour of Predictive Cruise Control on passing a national speed limit (aka ‘derestricted’) sign is potentially dangerous.
On many single carriageway roads it is unwise and/or uncomfortable to drive at the national speed limit and so you may choose to set the Cruise Control to a lower speed.
However when leaving a speed-restricted area the PCC will attempt to swiftly accelerate to the relevant national speed limit.

The PCC needs to be modified (or at least have a ‘sticky’ user setting) so that it will only speed up to the value which was previously specified by the driver.
Speed traffic signs are a pain when they don't relate to you. ie We have a 60mph road with random reminders for lorries the speed is 40mph and then the car brakes excessively and not in a safe manner. Same when approaching villages, at the first countdown reminder of a 30mph on go the brakes. Whoever is in charge of signage needs to sort something out.
Ever driven in Holland? Their speed signs on motorways often have 2 limits (side by side). One is for mainly daytime driving, the other for the night. How would any car system sort that one out?
France is the same, with 130 in dry weather and 110 in rain. The ID3 recognises these signs for what they are and presents both limits together on the dash. I haven't driven in France with speed limit preview turned on but it would only be a small step to apply one or the other limit depending on whether it was also running the auto wipers (or in Holland, the auto lights).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

If these systems are about safety as much as driving comfort, then the UK and EU need to address it. Currently, its pants.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
danielt

Post by danielt »

Fewers taps to turn the heated steering wheel on and off (why is it not available on the Smart Climate tab?).
saywhatimean

Post by saywhatimean »

A clear and concise instruction manual
shire-dweller

Post by shire-dweller »

My one feature would be a physical button for Auto Hold.

I like having Auto Hold turned on while driving, but I must turn it off when reversing to park (parallel parking). If I forget to turn it off before I start to reverse, then the infotainment screen is occupied by the rear camera video and it's no longer possible to scroll down from the top in order to turn Auto Hold off. The sequence ends up being:

- Engage reverse, start reversing guided by the rear video screen, brake when needed.
- Realise Auto Hold is on. Curse it.
- Close rear camera video screen.
- Scroll down from the top, touch Auto Hold.
- Disengage and re-engage reverse so that the rear video camera activates again.
- Continue the manoeuvre.

It may not sound that bad when written here, but when busy traffic is waiting for your parallel parking, it adds to the stress.

Next day, start to drive, realise Auto Hold is off, try operating the infotainment screen, touch the wrong things on the screen because the road is bumpy, curse again...
Split £100 with me when you switch to Octopus: https://share.octopus.energy/snow-lark-143
Split £10 with me when you join Electroverse: https://electroverse.octopus.energy/sign-up/magic?referralCode=steel-crow-18264
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

shire-dweller wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:12 pm My one feature would be a physical button for Auto Hold.

I like having Auto Hold turned on while driving, but I must turn it off when reversing to park (parallel parking). If I forget to turn it off before I start to reverse, then the infotainment screen is occupied by the rear camera video and it's no longer possible to scroll down from the top in order to turn Auto Hold off. The sequence ends up being:

- Engage reverse, start reversing guided by the rear video screen, brake when needed.
- Realise Auto Hold is on. Curse it.
- Close rear camera video screen.
- Scroll down from the top, touch Auto Hold.
- Disengage and re-engage reverse so that the rear video camera activates again.
- Continue the manoeuvre.

It may not sound that bad when written here, but when busy traffic is waiting for your parallel parking, it adds to the stress.

Next day, start to drive, realise Auto Hold is off, try operating the infotainment screen, touch the wrong things on the screen because the road is bumpy, curse again...
If it helps, you can turn the parking screen back on by pressing the Park haptic button just below the screen, you don't have to flick out and back in to reverse.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
nick67

Post by nick67 »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am So if you could change or add one feature, what would it be?

I wish the car would lock when I walk away from it. I have forgotten to lock it many times!
i would add one, entire hand sensor on my steering, so the engine won't turn on until its my grip on my steering. I don't like lending my car to other uggh.
TimF

Post by TimF »

Scratch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am Ever driven in Holland? Their speed signs on motorways often have 2 limits (side by side). One is for mainly daytime driving, the other for the night. How would any car system sort that one out?
I havnen't driven in Holland. Simple answer to second question is that it would require a good-quality AI. IMO the AI in the current systems is to crude to be reliable in a UK environment. Given that the mapping system "knows" about speed limits on each stretch of road, AND (in combination with other sensing) can usually detect which lane the car is in, its tendency to pick up slip road speed limits suggests it would react to the Dutch signs by assuming the lower of the two limits?