Mobile Phone Signal

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Recently, in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that the indicator on the main screen changed from 4G to E in terms of signal (same number of bars as before).
I still get the appropriate number of bars - 2 at home and all 4/5 in our local village.
I just checked with the likes of Vodafone etc. and coverage in the area still shows full 4G.
Not sure how this will place me for receiving OTA software updates - I've OK'd this with My VW but nothing recived yet.
Anyone else experienced this please? Is it a fault with my vehicle? I did notice that the display alternated between 4G and E
once or twice when this started, but has since been stubbornly at E
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]

Midgex

Post by Midgex »

Network surely?
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Midgex wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:25 pmNetwork surely?
That was my first thought, but their website (Vodafone) and coverage maps suggest otherwise. Unless it's very local and not reported.
Just wondered if this had been seen by others. I've signed up, but don't know if I'll get the 3.2.1 OTA update if the signal is that poor.
Local smartphone users I've asked, don't seem to have noticed.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Are you sure VW use Vodafone? I get full signal in the car but Vodafone is usually poor here. EE & O2 are strong.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

steviebabes wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:45 pm Are you sure VW use Vodafone? I get full signal in the car but Vodafone is usually poor here. EE & O2 are strong.
Hi Steviebabes - Not sure who they use, but Vodafone is usually the best locally.