Headlight Levels

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Sometimes, I don't get a single flash, but on Saturday evening, half a dozen people flashed their headlights at me. I don't have that many friends, so its not that.

Are the ID3 headlights set too high?

Anyone else get lots of flashing??
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

I occaionally get this also, but its usually my mistake, you need to be sure you are on automatic dimming, its easy to mistake the full light setting with the automatic one (the A inside the circle). If you have that covered, then it may be something else.

Rob
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I sometimes get this as well. My Life version doesn’t have fancy headlights, it’s all manual, and I don’t think it’s me having main beam on when I shouldn’t.

Don’t want to hijack the thread but those of you with fancy matrix headlights, do you just leave the stalk on main beam and let the lights do the dimming?
I had a loan ID3 with matrix lights recently, and they were really impressive.
JP33

Post by JP33 »

I'd had the occasional flash although I was on auto with matrix lights. Compared to other cars I ride in they always seemed high but after getting some abuse whilst waiting to turn right at a T junction decided getting them checked at a dealers who confirmed the were high. Another appointment later they were re-set appantly on software but not sure and still seem a little high but the flashes have stopped also seem lower when dipped.
Jonty0560

Post by Jonty0560 »

With the Matrix lights, when on automatic high beam, the lights change to a non dazzle position when there is an oncoming vehicle and when following another vehicle they illuminate either side of the road but don’t illuminate the vehicle in front, otherwise they are on full. When there is street lighting the lights go to the normal dimmed setting. One difference is that the lights illuminate the road side more when in automatic high beam. I think it works really well but I have been flashed a couple of times.
Id3 Max, stonewash blue, purchased June 21
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I was once out in light fog and you could see the beams dancing away. It was strange seeing the left light illuminating the right side and vice versa.

I stick it on auto and let them do what they do. I get flashed, I accept that it may be annoying for others, but they will have to accept that there is nothing I can do about it.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DumfriesDik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:16 am I was once out in light fog and you could see the beams dancing away. It was strange seeing the left light illuminating the right side and vice versa.

I stick it on auto and let them do what they do. I get flashed, I accept that it may be annoying for others, but they will have to accept that there is nothing I can do about it.
"I was once out in light fog and you could see the beams dancing away. It was strange seeing the left light illuminating the right side and vice versa.”

Don’t Tesla make a big deal out of stuff like that? Are you sure they haven’t fitted Tesla headlights to your car?