"New Settings Available" and regular reset of car settings - Potential fix

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

I would almost put up with it if I could just dismiss the 'apply new setting' popup but it just does its own thing half the time.

The V2X being turned off made no difference unfortunately.

EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

I get this pop up/message but it comes and goes.
Possibly, an issue between settings in the car and the server?
Is there a way to force synchronisation from within the car if you make a change?
Anyone else noticed if they get this message should settings be different between app and car?
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I'm wondering if it's where I sometimes pull away without logging on and login after a few seconds? It's a dumb system, my 2017 skoda superb linked drivers progiles to the keys. I don't understand why id3 can't do the same.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
N21

Post by N21 »

Update. Back from the dealer and had the TPI fix. Car did immediately reset after turning on the ignition but hoping this was just a ‘cleanse’ of the existing settings.

Notably, it is at least now syncing my profile according to the user screen…

Will keep an eye on and let you know.
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

N21 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:38 pm Update. Back from the dealer and had the TPI fix. Car did immediately reset after turning on the ignition but hoping this was just a ‘cleanse’ of the existing settings.

Notably, it is at least now syncing my profile according to the user screen…

Will keep an eye on and let you know.
Great news! I seem to be getting this daily still.

For reference, the TPI is mentioned here: https://www.meinid.com/wiki/entry/35-tp ... /#module13
TPI 2068365/4 - as of March 18, 2023
Recurring messages User settings (from software 3.0 ).
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

I carried out a factory reset and that cured my settings issue.

The problem I have now is that the app doesn't show me an option to reduce AC charge or set the charge limit. Just isn't there!
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

EssEhJay wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:50 pm I carried out a factory reset and that cured my settings issue.

The problem I have now is that the app doesn't show me an option to reduce AC charge or set the charge limit. Just isn't there!
Spoke top soon, no charge settings in the app for a week or so, they reappear and my other settings are lost.... Load of crap. My first edition was much better.
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Have booked mine in for the TPI in a couple of weeks time
N21

Post by N21 »

Well, it’s been several days and it still hasn’t recurred. Looking good… I’ll update if it does but take no news as good news!
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Got the TPI done yesterday. Nice and straight forward, in for just the morning. Will see how it goes, but so far so good. The car had reset its settings on the morning before I took it in, so not sure if they reset again. However I did get the traction reset after setting off - low power, then cutting out around 30mph, and having to release and press the accelerator again to continue as normal.
eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

N21 - Ive just changed that setting in the App and if it works I owe you one. I've spoken to VW about this and the way it keeps messing about with my settings - It asks me if I want to apply new settings pretty much daily - VW make out they don't know what I'm talking about. They've had me sending them photos of the screen along with details of my software data and all sorts. They had worn me down with it to accepting I just need to keep changing my settings back, today was the last straw and I found your note on it (via Google - nothing came up on this site earlier by the normal search function - well nothing relevant)

Fingers crossed - I'm going in
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

eyedeethree wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:31 pm N21 - Ive just changed that setting in the App and if it works I owe you one. I've spoken to VW about this and the way it keeps messing about with my settings - It asks me if I want to apply new settings pretty much daily - VW make out they don't know what I'm talking about. They've had me sending them photos of the screen along with details of my software data and all sorts. They had worn me down with it to accepting I just need to keep changing my settings back, today was the last straw and I found your note on it (via Google - nothing came up on this site earlier by the normal search function - well nothing relevant)

Fingers crossed - I'm going in
Changing the app setting is unlikely to fix it - you need the TPI fix as per the post a few up (includes the number in a quote). A dealer should apparently be able to do this in a couple of hours. Don't bother with VW customer services.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

I had this fix applied a few weeks back by my dealer. They dragged their feet over taking it in for nearly 9 months but getting VWFS involved got things moving in the end.