Dashcams: Current preferred dashcam please?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

I really like the look of how the fitcamX fits behind the rear view mirror with no cables etc.

I have been using a NextBase camera for a few years now and really like it but having a camera without trailing wires sounds pretty appealing.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I have RS Connect coming out to install tomorrow on the drive. Expensive though at £138 inc VAT
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

DumfriesDik wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:57 am I have RS Connect coming out to install tomorrow on the drive. Expensive though at £138 inc VAT
Good luck they made a total b***s up of mine and failed to return to take it all out, I had to pay another guy to install the camera and remove their failure, really poor customer service from RS Connect.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Now you tell me!

It worked out okay for me, fingers crossed.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

eyedeethree wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 pm I've fitted the FitcamX made specifically for the iD3 - Forward facing but it requires no wiring, no power wiring - look it up on google or better still youtube. In short, you unclip the housing under the rear view mirror and put that to one side - the camera comes ready installed in a new housing and you disconnect a plug in the mirror, the new housing comes with a piggy back cable - just plug in to that and roberts your dads brother. very neat finish which looks like itv was put there by vw plus no cables to route. I believe they do the same kit but with a rear camera but I decided against that as it would have involved wire routing etc which I was nervous about. Great images, an App to review and it does all the normal auto save in an accident - even came with a 64gb memory card. Cost £170 (when I bought it in Feb 24).
Nice one, love the hastle free fitting and OEM look, just purchased one 👍
Cheers
Chris