We Connect v1.18.0 connection to car

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
pupdaz

Post by pupdaz »

Hi

Anyone else having problems connection from We Connect app to the ID3 after the last app update to v.1.18.0. Showing the last known charge of 79% even though I am on 15%?

I deleted the app and re-added without any change

I tried turning on air con also with same error ‘cannot connect to car right now, please try again later’

Any help would be appreciated

roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

I am on 1.18.0 and not having an issue. Is the car online?

I've had this in the past when although the car seemed online, the app would not update for several days.
One suggestion I had seen is to put the car into offline mode, lock and leave with the key well away for 20 minutes or so, then back online.
In my case I happened to go on a long journey and during that it reestablished comms.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
JonComer

Post by JonComer »

Yes, same issue for me. Been like this for 4 days now.

I emailed support yesterday - waiting for a response.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

No issues or problems here. As per the questions above, is the car connected with more than 1 bar of signal?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I wonder why the apple app is getting so many more updates, Android doesn't seem to have been updated in ages.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Is the SOS light red or green? Is the car in online mode or offline mode? If in online mode, what is the signal strength on the infotainment screen?
JonComer

Post by JonComer »

Car has 3 bars of signal. I've also tried it in several locations with no joy.

Just checked my app version, and I'm on 1.14.0. No option to update yet (Android).
pupdaz

Post by pupdaz »

The car has full bar signal, it’s parked at home in good 4G area, tried the offline for 20 mins with jet far away and then back online without issue

I’ve contacted VW support twice on separate issues and on both occasions their answer was ‘we are not aware of that’, awful support in my opinion, don’t bother anymore unless it is catastrophic/ undriveable

Hope it clears soon when the app is next updated with some useful additions
pupdaz

Post by pupdaz »

So woke up this morning and checked app and now all working, nothing had changed, car in same driveway, same connection method/ signal

Crazy
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Connection seems fine for us, but is charging info and aircon really all it does?
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster