New Apple maps

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Over here we now have the "new" Apple maps, display is excellent, much easier to read on the id3 and of course directions are great in the HUD.

However, I was wondering, has anyone seen any news regarding the iD light and AR working with Maps in the future? It's surprisingly handy in unchartered locations.

I worry that the closed nature of iOS may prevent it, but looking for some positive news !

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

It might require updates from VW, from Apple, or both - not heard anything about it.

Same for Android Auto and Google.
MattP

Post by MattP »

Excuse my ignorance, but on Apple maps is the charging integration built into it? So you can either see charging options or the navigation works out where you would need to stop on long journeys? Thanks
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
Deleted User 192

MattP wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:50 am Excuse my ignorance, but on Apple maps is the charging integration built into it? So you can either see charging options or the navigation works out where you would need to stop on long journeys? Thanks

I just ask it to navigate to the charger location that I know I want to get to, it doesn’t yet support EV chargers as an en-route “stop”.
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Anduain wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:09 pm Over here we now have the "new" Apple maps, display is excellent, much easier to read on the id3 and of course directions are great in the HUD.

However, I was wondering, has anyone seen any news regarding the iD light and AR working with Maps in the future? It's surprisingly handy in unchartered locations.

I worry that the closed nature of iOS may prevent it, but looking for some positive news !
Mind sharing a photo of the "new" Apple maps?

I know you can get the turn-by-turn directions on the instrument cluster so it doesn't seem far off for ID light and AR.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Deleted User 192

metcast wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:38 pm Mind sharing a photo of the "new" Apple maps?

It's literally just the map you see in the We Connect ID. app (on an iPhone) that switched to using Apple Maps, not the in-car navigation system.

Unless you use Apple Maps via Apple CarPlay for your navigation instead.