Noise from rear of cabin

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi All
Has anyone experienced a noise from the rear of the cabin as if the parcel shelf is loose or something loose in the boot knocking when you go over bumps? I have tried removing the parcel shelf, folding the seats down and emptying the boot but the muffled knock persists. Its a recent thing not noticed before. Im wondering if its something that could be coming loose under the boot floor pan.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Check in all the wells, gaps, etc, I had a pencil loose and because of the silence of the car every now and again I'd hear it. Took me ages to find it. Car is "too quiet" :)
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

We had a rattle coming from the rear.it was the latch for the rear seat. Metal to metal. Only happened on rough roads Solved it with a bit of tape wrapped around the latch. Not sure if you have the same noise ?
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

This noise is quite heavy. Like a parcel shelf or even the tailgate. I have adjusted the rubber stops on the tailgate to see if that works.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Wound the rubber tailgate stops out 2 turns.
Noise gone 😊
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

I found that the plastic panel at the bottom of the rear window vibrated against the window over bumps. I've put some rubber between the panel and window and that seems to have done the trick.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks all. It was definitely the tailgate on mine. It must have had enough clearance to chatter. Adjusting the rubber stops has fixed it.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Bringing this thread back. I thought I had it solved with tailgate adjustments but its not. The noise is coming from the rear passenger seat-back near side. It was coincidence that the tailgate adjustment seemed to fix it but at the same time I put an ISOFIX baby seat in. So when the baby seat is out the noise came back. The back section of the seat chatters over bumps. If you hit it gently with the palm of your hand you can replicate the noise.
My only fix so far is to wedge something between the 2 folding rear seat sections from the boot.
The latching seems fine and not sure if its asjustable.
Anyone experiencing this?
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:04 am Bringing this thread back. I thought I had it solved with tailgate adjustments but its not. The noise is coming from the rear passenger seat-back near side. It was coincidence that the tailgate adjustment seemed to fix it but at the same time I put an ISOFIX baby seat in. So when the baby seat is out the noise came back. The back section of the seat chatters over bumps. If you hit it gently with the palm of your hand you can replicate the noise.
My only fix so far is to wedge something between the 2 folding rear seat sections from the boot.
The latching seems fine and not sure if its asjustable.
Anyone experiencing this?
Dave
I looked back at responses and found PH66 put tape on the seat latch? If you are still on the forum has that fixed it?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22