Wall charger install costs?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Pepet2 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:38 pm Daveion, I had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed 6 weeks ago and very pleased with it. There was a hitch though. It has bluetooth and wifi connectivity but you need to be connected via bluetooth first before being able to set up the wifi connectivity. Unfortunately I could not get the charger to talk to my phone via bluetooth at the outset, so I rang Wallbox ( patched through to Barcelona) and they were excellent. Had the charger working in no time. Basically I had to do a reset on the box after running through a checklist with them. I see you're located in Essex, if you fancy a trip out to CM3 area then you're welcome to drop by and I can show you the unit and app working. Regards Pete
Thank Pete
Octopus say they dont leave site until the function of the unit and app is fully proved to the Customer but the bluetooth tip is good to know. Thanks for the offer as well. Im happy with what I have seen on youtube but should that change for any reason I will contact you.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Dave, that's good to hear Octopus say that. Hmmm.... perhaps I should have used them particularly as they supply my electricity ! Just another thing I thought about regarding the charger, it has a permanently lit halo that glows green and then changes to blue when charging. I'm fine with that as mine is installed inside my garage but if that's not the case for you and you want the charger to be inconspicuous at night, then that could be a problem. Good luck with the install.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Im not bothered by the visibility. Its a way back from the road and I cant conceal the pulsing green light from the car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
AndyMorgan

Post by AndyMorgan »

VW Arnold Clark in Glasgow pointed me towards Scottish Power. They subcontract Everwarm to fit a domestic charger. Total cost £899.
The OLEV grant of £350 reduces it to £549.
In Scotland we get an additional grant from the Energy Savings Trust - have to jump through a few hoops, but worth it for another £250 off (£300 in rural areas).
Total cost to me will be £299 for a 7kw charger.
S'alright

Had to prove I've got an EV for the OLEV grant.
And for the EST grant, installation couldn't start until they'd approved the grant application.
Cabling/fuse work starts next week.
150kw Life Pro Performance, standard kit, Manganese Grey, July 2021.
Airdrie, Scotland