Pod point scheduled charge not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Has anyone experienced difficulties with timed charging ?
We have been using fir a number of weeks without any issues, however since last Thursday (27/5) we have been unable to use

When connecting the car indicator goes red and charge goes by take place, if I turn the tined charge off on the pod point then car immediately charges

I have reported to pod point but interested if anyone else has had a problem

Thanks
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete

peterg

Post by peterg »

We had initial trouble using the Octopus Go 12 30 to 4 30 am crazy cheap timer with Pod,point. It seemed a bit erratic and then I read that an previous post to just set the timer for every day of the week and then just use the days you want to. Everything seemed happy after that. I did notice the red light recently which seems to say the link to the internet is down.so a good old switch everything off for 30 seconds got,us back on track. Posting this will be probably be the kiss of death when I go out to the car in the morning but seems to do the job.
Next challenge will be a trip to Scotland from the South Coast in the summer and wrestling with service station charging points....which ones are pay as you go...which ones do you need to preregister etc.......supermarkets just off the motorways was the tip I was given. Brilliant car though
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

I have used the old switch it off and try again and has worked in past

Unfortunately this time it hasn’t worked, though all the car connected toons have stopped at the moment as well

Connection problem I suspect!
Pod point still haven’t been in touch though !

For charging en route we find supermarkets best, especially Lidl with their 50kw, very quick !
Have used shell but not so reliable
We have gone just over 11k miles in ours and it spends most of time on motorway commuting and able to charge free at car park on arrival, very useful
Amazing now it’s working after 2.1 (well apart from charging!)
2.4 update complete
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Looks like pod point charger issue
Engineer needs to attend
Looking for local charging points!
2.4 update complete
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Has anyone figured how to solve this?

I seem to be having a slightly different issue. Had been working fine for a few months until this point. However, even though the schedule for the day has finished, I plug it in and it charges immediately, even though I had a charge finish at say 10am this morning and it wasn't supposed to kick back in until 5am this morning. Just charges whenever I plug it in.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Tge problem with my charger related to an initial installation issue where the earth rod/cable was incorrectly fitted

The new boxes don’t need separate earth rod so was an easy fix, but did change the whole circuit board at same time

The issue you describe I have had when I inadvertently left one day unchecked and the timed charge was not set

I presume you don’t have any timers set on the car as these must be off

Hope sorted soon as works so well with the octopus go
2.4 update complete
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I've tried clearing all the days I had set and then adding new days, still not working. Just keeps charging whenever I plug it in, even though it should be turned off.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Would suggest logging a fault with pod point

The engineer who came to ours said there were a few old boards that font like the timed charge function

Worth the email and logging the fault as unfortunately they take a while to reply!!
2.4 update complete
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Mine was only installed in March. I spoke to Pod Point today, they suggested deleting the app and putting it on again, worth a try.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app appears to have done F all. However I think I have discovered the problem. If I go into stats, appears it hasn't been connected to the internet since July 10th. That will do it. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to reconnect it.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CarterHounslow wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 am Now I'm going to have to figure out how to reconnect it.

Hopefully this should help: https://d3h256n3bzippp.cloudfront.net/D ... ide-CS.pdf
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:08 am
CarterHounslow wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 am Now I'm going to have to figure out how to reconnect it.

Hopefully this should help: https://d3h256n3bzippp.cloudfront.net/D ... ide-CS.pdf
I had this already, but thank you. I've turned off the charger and put it back on again, but the pod point network isn't appearing to actually get it sorted.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

All solved, actually it was my fault.

When I was sorting out the mesh network in my house a couple of weeks ago I noticed a device on my network that said "Ring Doorbell" which I thought was odd, considering I don't have a ring doorbell, but my neighbour does, so I disabled it thinking he had by accident put it onto my network. No, it was the Pod Point.

Lesson learned, in a device list it comes up as Ring Doorbell, which will be very confusing if you also have a ring doorbell.
Navigator

Post by Navigator »

peterg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 pm We had initial trouble using the Octopus Go 12 30 to 4 30 am crazy cheap timer with Pod,point. It seemed a bit erratic and then I read that an previous post to just set the timer for every day of the week and then just use the days you want to. Everything seemed happy after that. I did notice the red light recently which seems to say the link to the internet is down.so a good old switch everything off for 30 seconds got,us back on track. Posting this will be probably be the kiss of death when I go out to the car in the morning but seems to do the job.
Next challenge will be a trip to Scotland from the South Coast in the summer and wrestling with service station charging points....which ones are pay as you go...which ones do you need to preregister etc.......supermarkets just off the motorways was the tip I was given. Brilliant car though
I'm using Octopus Go and have my phone app set to every day - but only use the charger when I need to. I've recently put the charger on for about 45 minutes 4 times every night (as a result of reading another post) and currently its charging each night it's connected. Occasionally I only get 77% of the 80% set but at least it does work. I use a Wallbox Plus with my ID3..

Through experience I've found that the white charge light flashes for a minute or so after connecting the lead then changes to red. Initially I was concerned about that, thinking I had a faulty system. But I then set the charge time for 5 minutes, about 10 minutes ahead of the current time. Once the timer was ran down the red light changed to green and charging proceeded.

There is so little information available that it's only on this Forum page where sufficient information (of the right accuracy is available).