My VW order tracker

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea what the timescales are for actually getting the ID3. So if the order tracker says "in transit", would there be a feel for how long to actually getting the car?

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

In transit is anything from leaving the factory to arriving in the UK. If you signed up to get text messages that is cut into 3 variations.

Don't quote on this but I believe 5a is left the factory, 5b arrived at depature port and 5c on board a ship heading to either Sheerness, Grimsby/Immingham or Tynemouth.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newfie wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 am In transit is anything from leaving the factory to arriving in the UK. If you signed up to get text messages that is cut into 3 variations.

Don't quote on this but I believe 5a is left the factory, 5b arrived at depature port and 5c on board a ship heading to either Sheerness, Grimsby/Immingham or Tynemouth.
I am signed up for text messages but I haven't had any. All I can see on the tracker, is that it's "in transit".
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

That's an odd one. I know a lot of ICE VW's are being held at the factories but I haven't heard of any EV's.
Be worth checking with your dealer as their coding system is different to what we have.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Had my 5c text on Saturday morning!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

The tracking webpage has been removed. You will still get email notifications if you signed up for them but mentions nothing about SMS alerts.

Have spoken to VW CS and they were just as much in the dark as I was.

The My VW UK web now says contact your dealer to get updates but the person I spoke to at VW CS said you can still go through them.
Last edited by Newfie on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Removal of the order tracking function is extremely shoddy and the opposite of customer service. Mind you, the quality of the online services is almost comically poor. Nothing works: multiple loops that simply go round in circles. Given the reliance on software in the ID3 this is a worrying sign. If they can't get something as basic as a chat function working on a mobile site what hope is there?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.

Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.

The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Wolfsburg wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.

Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.

The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.
Oh dear! When did your dealer originally say it would be delivered? Also what model did you order?
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

12-16 weeks was original delivery time quoted. Family Pro-Performance
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Wolfsburg wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Our Tour was ordered 12-July, order number 31384xxx. Dealer said December, possibly 2022. Would be interested to know if your order number is within the same/similar 1000, as that would certainly fit with the guidance I've got. I mean it's not good news, but it's at least some confirmation :-D
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.
Be interesting to see how far it gets pushed back.
Last edited by Newfie on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

Ordered 28th June order number 3133xxxx and was told 16-18 weeks. Build week confirmed for 3rd week in September.

Will be very disappointed if I have to wait until next year for mine.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.

The "missing-in-action" Live Chat that proudly proclaims itself, yet I can never find any actual visible links to said Live Chat ? :D I assumed they'd turned it off at the same time they'd removed order tracking capability from the website. Is it still there ?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Looking at the website the Live Chat symbol is not currently showing on their site. It has shown a few times since they revoked the online tracking. If it does not show you can also call CS on 0800 333 666 and ask them.
Also I got an email confirmation from VW CS stating if you have signed up for SMS alerts before we lost the tracker you will still receive them.

Just checked the site again and the Chat symbol is showing, it shows in the bottom right of the screen as shown in this screenshot

Chat.jpg

Black

Post by Black »

3134**** order tagged date 2nd July. Last communication from the dealer was build week 37 but that was a few weeks ago.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:10 pm Looking at the website the Live Chat symbol is not currently showing on their site. It has shown a few times since they revoked the online tracking. If it does not show you can also call CS on 0800 333 666 and ask them.
Also I got an email confirmation from VW CS stating if you have signed up for SMS alerts before we lost the tracker you will still receive them.

Just checked the site again and the Chat symbol is showing, it shows in the bottom right of the screen as shown in this screenshot

Chat.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 18.38.36.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

My order 3134**** placed 1st July and email I received from VW CS on Saturday informed me week 39 is still the provisional build week.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

[/quote]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[/quote]

After going to the page it took 5 minutes for the Chat symbol to appear. I would guess the system is busy especially after their own making.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.

Got on the chat. Nothing I asked got anything back other than this. I'll chase the dealer too, see if I get more than "Computer Says No"...

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.14.16.png

(the chat problem was due to my working-from-home vpn blocking the connection - worked ok on my home wifi)
Tesla Model Y Long Range