Departure Times

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Chris

Post by Chris »

I know where not at winter yet but this afternoon got me thinking about the departure times option in the app, does the car use the outside temperature to calculate how long is required?

Also in the winter what temperature would you set the departure time to? I’m a little worried about the battery be drained but this is a feature I’d like to use.

Thanks in advance and hopefully we won’t need this option for a while

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Do you mean in terms of charging, in terms of heating the cabin, or both?

It’s troublesome for many with charging.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Looking for info regarding pre heating the cabin and de icing the glass
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I just do that manually in the app, I don’t use any of the in-car timers, sorry.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Same as Scott I do it manually, my routine is not that precise so when I did try it out the car had heated and defrosted as requested but I then didn't leave for another 30 minutes..
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

These are more daft questions (from me).
1. When setting a departure time to pre-heat car/battery, does it assume that the climate (clima) is already switched on? i.e I didn't switch it off in the infotainment system when I last left the car.
2. In the phone (iPhone) app, the setting for the air conditioning, should this be on or off for pre-heating? I think I have a problem differentiating between having the climate system (clima) switched on and having the air conditioning switched on.
3. Is there are visual to tell you what the actual temperature is inside the car? There is a visual indication about the outside temp and the required cabin temp.

I hope that gibberish makes some sense to someone.
Thanks