Testing VW ID3 Sport with 120kW Charging

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

New video from Bjorn looking at the MY22 ID3 in Kings Red. Beautiful colour :D. It has massage seats but no memory seats?

ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

But what is it.. ID.3 Sport.. Sports seats, 20" rims and what else.. (Oh the 130kW charging looks impressive) but what else has the car got that's different?
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

Is the 120/130kW charging a pure software update or is additional hardware required ?

Will all ID.3 get 120/130kW charging via software update ?

thanks, nice vid :)

John
in Scotland
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

itsjon wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 am Is the 120/130kW charging a pure software update or is additional hardware required ?

Will all ID.3 get 120/130kW charging via software update ?

thanks, nice vid :)

John
in Scotland
All good questions. Currently the official line is that 120kW charging is for the near Model Year (cars built after July 2021) but I’m not aware of any hardware changes so in theory don’t see why they can’t push it to all other cars
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

So there was some chat last week (on FB and SpeakEV) that earlier id3’s (unspecified what that meant!) may have components that cannot be updated / changed by the OTA updates and may require a visit to the dealer to update manually.

But - remember that whilst an upgrade from 100 to 120 is nice - on a charge it makes 1-2 min difference - and only if your car is really (<10-15%) empty. You can only pull 100 (or up to 120) for the first part of the charge (0-20% etc..) after that the charge curves look similar. 20kw extra throughout the charge would make a BIG difference - but that’s not what this update does unfortunately. Still I’d rather have it than not!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mundane question. I noticed that the pedals in his test car had the play and pause logo on them. Our Life was delivered 1st September and it doesn't have those. Not that I want them, they seem a bit childish. What defines whether they are fitted or not?
Told it was a mundane question.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Think they came on the first edition. You can buy them as accessories. About £50-60 from memory.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

When we ordered our Family, they were on the spec list, and they were also on both cars we test drove (one a 1st and one a Style.) I'm expecting to get them on the Family although it's not the most important thing...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:15 am But what is it.. ID.3 Sport.. Sports seats, 20" rims and what else.. (Oh the 130kW charging looks impressive) but what else has the car got that's different?

forum01.jpg

forum02.jpg

The Pro Performance 58 kWh 204 hp version has a premium of 42000kr = £3500, purchase tax on the upgrade is... ...zero. There are other differences for the 2022 model, eg on the Life you can specify "Oppgradert DC lading 110kW" - the copper decor option is dropped, etc etc. If you do not speak German or Dutch then use Google Chrome to go to volkswagen.no and let their translation service take the strain.

Here's what it is like financially to get an EV in Norway: https://blog.wallbox.com/en/norway-ev-incentives/

And what it is like to get a fossil-fuel car:
Buy a car: For most cars you pay as much in tax as you pay for the car. So 50% of the total price is taxes. Unless if its 100% electric, then you pay 0% in tax until 2020. But if its a car with a lot of horsepower and high emisions, you could pay US$250 000 for a US$60 000 car.

Owning the car:
Insurance: When youre young and assigning to an insuranse for the first time, you often pays about $2000/year or more for the best insurance, or maybe as much as $3600 for a brand new car. It gets lower after some years, and in the end you pay about $500–600/year even for a new car.
Yearly tax: About $350-400
Yearly service: About $500–$1200, depends of the car.
Fuel: About $1,8/litre
Road toll: $2–8/passage
Tires: Varies videly, but normally at least $500 including mounting
Breaks: Varies, but often $1000–1500
Repairs: Parts + about $150/hour on autorized workshop
And of cource loss in value
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Scratch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:54 pm Mundane question. I noticed that the pedals in his test car had the play and pause logo on them. Our Life was delivered 1st September and it doesn't have those. Not that I want them, they seem a bit childish. What defines whether they are fitted or not?
Told it was a mundane question.
We had them on our Tour, delivered in mid-July.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Shame that VW UK isn’t offering it yet, I wonder if they will at all…?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Thanks Chivers..

Doesn't seem to be much different to my Family except the seats and colour.. I was expecting suspension and power variation.
What's the 'Welcome light in Mirror'?
Seems to have privacy glass from the picture.. I wonder how much it would cost to get mine wrapped in a Cherry red?
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:16 am
Doesn't seem to be much different to my Family except the seats and colour.. I was expecting suspension and power variation.
I agree with you about the minimal differences from your Family car and mine. But it helps to remember we are enjoying our cars today, and not having to wait half a year for them.

And have a look at the way that cars are sold in most of Europe. Here, for instance is the 2022 ID.3 product line in VW's biggest market - obviously in Germany:

id.jpg

As you can see there's a choice between an entry-price model, and two up-market models, differing by being 4-seat or 5-seat. So everything else is optional, but extra cost, and you might think the cost of VW options is high. Looks like that Sport model in Norway is to get space in magazines, especially because so many EV's are sold there.
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .