We Connect and Lane Assist

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Would like to bet that 'most people' just get in the car and drive it, and leave these controls well alone - which is the thinking behind the NCAP legislative process ie make it non-trivial to turn off so that it can't happen accidentally, or take it a step further, like VW, and actively discourage drivers from disabling it. People on this forum tend to be, how you say, slightly more cerebral in their appreciation of driving, the cars and associated technology, judging by the quality of the posts, so we're probably not typical consumers and/or drivers.

And following my own logic, VW should have made difficult to turn off LKA but trivially-easy to turn back on.

FWIW....Our other car is a MY21 Skoda and the Lane Keep Assist remembers the previous setting, and is a simple 2-button press to activate/deactivate. Regulations and safety philosophies are constantly changing....
id3 Max 2021

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Well said ⬆️⬆️⬆️
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:41 pm
FWIW....Our other car is a MY21 Skoda and the Lane Keep Assist remembers the previous setting, and is a simple 2-button press to activate/deactivate. Regulations and safety philosophies are constantly changing....
My ID3 operates like this now, turn it off and it remembers - thank you OBD11!

If only I could get the car to remember the last setting of the mirrors so it would dip the L wing mirror on reverse every single time!
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565