My ID3 experience ...

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am hmmm. if you are brave you could try that guys resistor trick in the second thread

Once you stop the charging in the car, I dont believe it will restart.

On my car, I plug in the zappi to the ID3. The ID3 white light on the charge point flashes white a few times and then goes to red. The light on the Zappi goes to purple.
Then, at the right time, it switchs to green as the zappi charges

The only other thing i cna think of is that my zappi is untethered and was new stock a month ago. Not sure if either makes a difference ...
That's even weirder because I believe my Zappi was recent stock and is also untethered. Now regretting the untethered though.

Do you set the timer on the Zappi or their app?

colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am
colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am hmmm. if you are brave you could try that guys resistor trick in the second thread

On my car, I plug in the zappi to the ID3. The ID3 white light on the charge point flashes white a few times and then goes to red. The light on the Zappi goes to purple.

The only other thing i cna think of is that my zappi is untethered and was new stock a month ago. Not sure if either makes a difference ...
That's even weirder because I believe my Zappi was recent stock and is also untethered. Now regretting the untethered though.

On the Zappi (I read that the app can be unreliable sometimes, i.e. not updating the zappi)

But essentially, ECO++ mode shouldnt switch on at all.
Stupid question, the manual boost setting is not activated right ?
keep down the + sign to switch on and off (page 12):
https://myenergi.com/wp-content/uploads ... l-V1_6.pdf

I found a shorter 3m cable for home helps as its lighter. Will probably get some kind of wall box for it, so keep it next to the zappi outside.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:22 am
Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 am

On the Zappi

But essentially, ECO++ mode shouldnt switch on at all.
Stupid question, the manual boost setting is not activated right ?
keep down the + sign to switch on and off (page 12):
https://myenergi.com/wp-content/uploads ... l-V1_6.pdf

I found a shorter 3m cable for home helps as its lighter. Will probably get some kind of wall box for it, so keep it next to the zappi outside.
I thought all the timer settings were classified as boost? This doesn't have anything to do with the eSense does it?

I am beginning to think that Myenergie should be running courses for owners!
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

yes, its not easy to use, simply because the jargon is very unique, for example boost just means charge :(

timer settings are boost, but we are not talking about timer settings. we are talking about manual boost being on, which means it will charge as soon as you connect the cable

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:07 am yes, its not easy to use, simply because the jargon is very unique, for example boost just means charge :(

timer settings are boost, but we are not talking about timer settings. we are talking about manual boost being on, which means it will charge as soon as you connect the cable
I must be really thick. I can't find "cancel boost" anywhere. Are there any prerequisites to get that option to appear? Has the car to be plugged in maybe?
Another weird thing I just noticed. I can't get the default charge mode to change on the "home" screen using the Zappi, unless I set it in the app. I can select a different mode further into the menus, but it always remains a "fast" on the home screen.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm
colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:07 am yes, its not easy to use, simply because the jargon is very unique, for example boost just means charge :(

I must be really thick. I can't find "cancel boost" anywhere. Are there any prerequisites to get that option to appear? Has the car to be plugged in maybe?
Another weird thing I just noticed. I can't get the default charge mode to change on the "home" screen using the Zappi, unless I set it in the app. I can select a different mode further into the menus, but it always remains a "fast" on the home screen.
perhaps we have identified your issue
it must say ECO++ on the home screen of the zappi
you simply press the up/down arrows on the front to cycle through the modes

lets try this before looking at manual boost

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 pm
Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm

perhaps we have identified your issue
it must say ECO++ on the home screen of the zappi
you simply press the up/down arrows on the front to cycle through the modes

lets try this before looking at manual boost
Nope. I don't even seem to have a setting called "ECO++". These are what I see:

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

yes you do. it was the last picture. little green leaves ...

colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

looks like you also still have the protective plastic on :D

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:48 pm looks like you also still have the protective plastic on :D
Yes. It might be going back if this goes on much longer! No offence to you. You are trying your best. But I just don't "get it".
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:42 pm yes you do. it was the last picture. little green leaves ...
So I tried the ECO++ and it still doesn't work. Car charges immediately.
It must be this stop boost setting - wherever the heck that is???????
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

so if you leave it on eco++ mode
youve already programmed the times
plug the car in, and if its not currently on one of you programmed times, the charger should not start !!

the installer should have helped you with this!!

colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

ok the boost is cycled by keeping pressing the plus button

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Have you got any location details set up in the CAR? (If so delete them)
When you plug it in and it starts charging what does the screen look like? Post a shot if you can.
It might start charging at handshake but should stop almost immediately.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

also a dumb question, the timer settings you set, they do not cover time now ? i.e. you set to pm rather then am ?

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OK guys. I think it might be working. I rang Zappi tech support again and they ran through what I should be doing. It really ties up with all that I have been told on here, so thanks to everyone. Zappi support still maintain there is an issue with timer charging. They also said today that this issue affects other manufacturers electric cars, as well as VW. They also said that it's better not to use the app. I like apps, so I will try and use that if I can. The issue with the app is more about people setting the timer but shutting down the app before it has communicated with the Zappi servers and received a reply. So if you keep the app open for a period of time, it should work OK.
Phew! I will take that protective plastic cover off of the charger now.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

:D

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Scratch wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:12 pm OK guys. I think it might be working. I rang Zappi tech support again and they ran through what I should be doing. It really ties up with all that I have been told on here, so thanks to everyone. Zappi support still maintain there is an issue with timer charging. They also said today that this issue affects other manufacturers electric cars, as well as VW. They also said that it's better not to use the app. I like apps, so I will try and use that if I can. The issue with the app is more about people setting the timer but shutting down the app before it has communicated with the Zappi servers and received a reply. So if you keep the app open for a period of time, it should work OK.
Phew! I will take that protective plastic cover off of the charger now.
Quick update on the app on IOS. It worked but now it seems to show the Apple spinning pizza most of the time. I suspect that was another reason tech support told me to use the charger to set the timers.