Should my Car have a Reversing Camera (and other things)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Hi all,

Just took delivery of my ID3 Pro Performance Family edition. Very happy with it although the We.Connect app is a hot mess. I have a query about the reversing camera (or lack thereof). I was under the impression that the vehicle should have a reversing camera as well as auto-folding mirrors. Neither function seems to be present although the menu gives the option of auto-folding. The car was ordered in May 2021 - was the Family a different spec when I ordered it?

epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

eeperman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm Hi all,

Just took delivery of my ID3 Pro Performance Family edition. Very happy with it although the We.Connect app is a hot mess. I have a query about the reversing camera (or lack thereof). I was under the impression that the vehicle should have a reversing camera as well as auto-folding mirrors. Neither function seems to be present although the menu gives the option of auto-folding. The car was ordered in May 2021 - was the Family a different spec when I ordered it?
Someone will likely share an earlier brochure but here's July which specifies rear view camera on all models except for Life. You would think if you have just received the car the car would be built to at least the July spec. Worth flagging up with the dealer
id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d 07.21.pdf
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to get into the My Equipment section and it looks like a reversing camera is not part of the spec - I wonder if I have just managed to get the end of the previous builds.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

eeperman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm Thanks for the reply. I've managed to get into the My Equipment section and it looks like a reversing camera is not part of the spec - I wonder if I have just managed to get the end of the previous builds.
From pricelist dated 1.5.21

SmartSelect_20210915-191819_OneDrive.jpg

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Seems pretty conclusive that you should legitimately have expected a rear view camera to be fitted, unless you were allocated a Family that had been built prior, somehow.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Hmmmmm, I can feel a call to the dealer coming on....
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Could this be a case of vehicles accidently leaving the factory incomplete (due to component shortage) and slipped through the net
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Yep you’ve been missold, dealer should sort it. You bought a car that was advertised with a feature it doesn’t have.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

What do you see on the infotainment screen when you go into reverse?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

I get a schematic of the car with the front and rear parking sensor zones. I have tried swiping and tapping to no avail
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Can we assume you have a Panoramic glass roof?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Yes, I do
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

All Family spec should have a rear view camera and all ID3s regardless of trim have folding mirrors.

You've either got a misbuild or a grey import from a RHD country that doesn't have those items (Eire or Malta most likely) if you don't have those.

You did buy from a proper VW dealership rather than somewhere like "motorpoint" didn't you?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

Thanks, that is interesting. The car is leased via Tusker who supply my company car scheme and the car was supplied by a VW dealership in Swindon. The mirrors don't appear to fold although there is a selection on the door to make them fold. It also lacks the rearview camera and variable boot floor. I will take this up with VW tomorrow.

Really appreciate all the help you have provided so far - if anyone has a brochure/spec sheet from before 1st May then that would be really useful
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

My verdict?

🍋

Reject 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

eeperman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 pm Thanks, that is interesting. The car is leased via Tusker who supply my company car scheme and the car was supplied by a VW dealership in Swindon. The mirrors don't appear to fold although there is a selection on the door to make them fold. It also lacks the rearview camera and variable boot floor. I will take this up with VW tomorrow.

Really appreciate all the help you have provided so far - if anyone has a brochure/spec sheet from before 1st May then that would be really useful
You don't need a brochure from before May - UK spec Family trim has always had a rear view camera. The description of your car really makes me feel that you have a parallel import.

My Dad once bought a new MK4 Golf 130TDI from motorpoint. It was a Maltese import. He bought it because he really wanted an auto and the UK spec 130TDI only came in manual. Maltese spec was missing fog lights.

If the car has been sourced from a proper UK dealer then it shouldn't be a grey import.

If it wasn't for the fact you have a pano glass roof, I'd be convinced you had a life spec and the folding mirrors were disabled in the menus. I'd be asking what your cloth looked like. Do you have matrix I-Q headlights and dual zone climate, lit exterior door fandles and keyless entry to go with keyless start? The Family should have all of those.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

ID.3 Family in Ireland comes with East Derry Alloy wheels and Rear view camera.

ID.3 Family Malta comes with East Derry Alloy wheels, but does not mention a Rear view camera or Panoramic glass roof.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

When you select reverse does the badge on the boot pop up?
eeperman

Post by eeperman »

OK, just taken the car into a local dealership and the tech has confirmed that the car is missing a reversing camera, variable boot floor and keyless entry. They have emailed the supplier so I am waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for all your help so far.
Ruthf

Post by Ruthf »

Well! This is exactly what happened with our Family. Missing the reversing camera, puddle lights, centre console high, two level boot and the keyless entry. Our dealership noticed that the camera was missing when they moved the car. We were told no items could be retrofitted. Anyone missing the camera should check all other expected features…
ID.3 Family 58kw, 204ps, manganese grey, East Derry Wheels, bike prep.