ID.3 U.K. Delivery Times

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Statten

Post by Statten »

Just put my order in for my Family Pro, Manganese Grey with 19” alloys via my finance company and been advised wait time is 14-16 WEEKS!

Anyone else in the U.K. waiting for a delivery? Really didn’t expect it to be this long! Explored other colour options, the Manganese Grey was even available with a 3-4 week wait time but no alloys, standard wheels only.

Jono

Post by Jono »

I spoke up a few dealers about lead times 12 - 16 seems to be the norm. Some said they may be able to alter cars already on order, but I guess it depends on what’s in the pipeline. There are quite a few models in stock with dealers, not sure if your leasing company can utilise or not
Statten

Post by Statten »

Looked at the Moonstone Grey with 19" alloys but that was the same wait time... seemed there was a couple of options with standard wheels which would come down to the 3-4 week lead time... almost like the wheels were the thing causing the delay.
vinved

Post by vinved »

I booked by Moonstone Grey Family pro with East Derry Alloys on 12th AUgust, the status is still " Build Week not allocated" . Any ideas on how long it will be till we get a confirmed build week ?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

vinved wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:52 pm I booked by Moonstone Grey Family pro with East Derry Alloys on 12th AUgust, the status is still " Build Week not allocated" . Any ideas on how long it will be till we get a confirmed build week ?

3-4 weeks before it starts being built. We ordered 12 July and don't have a confirmed build week yet.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I enquired about a Tour with 77k battery yesterday and was told 5/6 months so probably about new reg time. Not an issue for me as current car fine and anyway UK Power can't uprate electricity supply for charger until November (from a June request) and then I have to order and have charger installed.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Statten wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:50 pm Just put my order in for my Family Pro, Manganese Grey with 19” alloys via my finance company and been advised wait time is 14-16 WEEKS!

Anyone else in the U.K. waiting for a delivery? Really didn’t expect it to be this long! Explored other colour options, the Manganese Grey was even available with a 3-4 week wait time but no alloys, standard wheels only.
Don't knock it. Folks been quoted 20-25 weeks. I ordered 11 July and expecting end November/beginning December.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

I took delivery of mine on 10 September having ordered it on 30 June. The dealership had ordered it for stock. Suggest you ring around and see what the possibilities are for a stock order.
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

smuj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:23 pm
Statten wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:50 pm Just put my order in for my Family Pro, Manganese Grey with 19” alloys via my finance company and been advised wait time is 14-16 WEEKS!

Don't knock it. Folks been quoted 20-25 weeks. I ordered 11 July and expecting end November/beginning December.
The person you're replying to posted this in March. Hopefully they've got the car by now!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
smuj

Post by smuj »

rikimaru wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm
smuj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:23 pm

The person you're replying to posted this in March. Hopefully they've got the car by now!
Oops, didn’t notice that. Comes with trying to do two things at once. Was in the middle of ripping my Goon Show CD’s to mp3 to put on USB stick for when car eventually arrives ;)
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

I placed a factory order for a Family Pro Perf on 11th June. The VW order was confirmed with Original Build week = 202134.
Last month my dealer provided an update which shows Confirmed Build week = 202135.
I called in at the dealers last week for an update - but there was no further information (in spite of it then being week 36).

Still no update from the dealer today (week 37), so I phoned VW UK Passenger cars for an update.
After waiting 25 minutes for the phone to be answered I was told that production of my order had commenced as planned but as there was a worldwide shortage of semiconductors so they couldn't tell me when production would be complete. I queried this on the basis that modern car manufacturers don't start an order on the production line unless they can complete the job. However the call-handler merely repeated their response.
I wonder if this means that VW are building cars minus the electronic units and then stockpiling the partially finished units - or that their reply to me wasn't factual?
Perhaps this may explain why VW closed the public website ability to query the progress of factory orders - as it would avoid the embarrassment of making the build-times visible.
joshgiova

Post by joshgiova »

Gwyver wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:39 pm I placed a factory order for a Family Pro Perf on 11th June. The VW order was confirmed with Original Build week = 202134.
Last month my dealer provided an update which shows Confirmed Build week = 202135.
I called in at the dealers last week for an update - but there was no further information (in spite of it then being week 36).

Still no update from the dealer today (week 37), so I phoned VW UK Passenger cars for an update.
After waiting 25 minutes for the phone to be answered I was told that production of my order had commenced as planned but as there was a worldwide shortage of semiconductors so they couldn't tell me when production would be complete. I queried this on the basis that modern car manufacturers don't start an order on the production line unless they can complete the job. However the call-handler merely repeated their response.
I wonder if this means that VW are building cars minus the electronic units and then stockpiling the partially finished units - or that their reply to me wasn't factual?
Perhaps this may explain why VW closed the public website ability to query the progress of factory orders - as it would avoid the embarrassment of making the build-times visible.
I would doubt like you, that production would start unless all the parts to finish a car were in stock. If there is a shortage they would slow the line or stop completely if necessary.

My car had a confirmed BW 34 and left the factory last Wednesday so all being well you won’t have long to wait either.
Order Placed (3124xxxx) - 2nd July 21
Build Week - 34 w/c 23rd August 21
Arrived at Emden - 20th September 21
Released to shipping - 4th October 21
Shipped to UK - 6th October 21
Arrived in the UK - 8th October 21
At Dealer - 18th October 21
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Anyone who compares this to the delivery times of the Trabant in the late and non-lamented GDR will no doubt chuckle to hear that the ID.3 is produced on the same site.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/germany ... les-europe

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Id3rpc

Post by Id3rpc »

So, we put an order request in on Monday, had it confirmed today and received an order number.

We have been quoted an approximate delivery date of 17/1/22. Not holding out breath for this but thought it might be interesting to see how it develops for us, and what other people’s opinions are on the likelihood of it turning up on that date.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Id3rpc wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:15 pm So, we put an order request in on Monday, had it confirmed today and received an order number.

We have been quoted an approximate delivery date of 17/1/22. Not holding out breath for this but thought it might be interesting to see how it develops for us, and what other people’s opinions are on the likelihood of it turning up on that date.
Wow you got an order number fast. Where did you put your order in?
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

rikimaru wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 pm Wow you got an order number fast. Where did you put your order in?
Isn't this the norm?
I ordered on Thursday 9th Sep.
Signed PCP on Friday 10 Sept.
PCP approved on Monday, 13th Sep.
VW Order number provided 13th Sep.
Told lead time was 20-23 weeks. But, no build week specified and not chased.
Last edited by Cherry on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Cherry wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm
rikimaru wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 pm Wow you got an order number fast. Where did you put your order in?
Isn't this the norm?
Told lead time was 20-23 weeks.
Took me over a week to get mine and I still don't have an estimated build week.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Cherry wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm
Isn't this the norm?
Told lead time was 20-23 weeks. But, no build week specified and not chased.
My order was confirmed a week ago and I still don't have an order number. Based on this forum and SpeakEV I've found that 1-2 weeks tends to be the absolute minimum. Perhaps it depends on whether it's a dealer versus a finance company with whom you have to jump through more hoops to get that order number.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 am
My order was confirmed a week ago and I still don't have an order number. Based on this forum and SpeakEV I've found that 1-2 weeks tends to be the absolute minimum. Perhaps it depends on whether it's a dealer versus a finance company with whom you have to jump through more hoops to get that order number.
If an order has been placed on the VW dealer ordering portal then when the order is complete and sent through the system immediately gives an order number. I know because I saw my order go through on VW's system. If you have not got an order number its a question you should asking your dealer. One reason you might not get an order number straight away is because the dealer has not ordered it as the dealership has a quota they can order per month and you might find you'll receive an order number at the end of the month once they have processed it.
So if an order has definitely been placed there is no reason at all why they shouldn't give you it. There agaun it is a little pointless now that they have removed the customer tracking system.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 am
rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 am
If an order has been placed on the VW dealer ordering portal then when the order is complete and sent through the system immediately gives an order number. I know because I saw my order go through on VW's system. If you have not got an order number its a question you should asking your dealer. One reason you might not get an order number straight away is because the dealer has not ordered it as the dealership has a quota they can order per month and you might find you'll receive an order number at the end of the month once they have processed it.
So if an order has definitely been placed there is no reason at all why they shouldn't give you it. There agaun it is a little pointless now that they have removed the customer tracking system.
I just checked with the leasing company and they said the order has been placed and the car is secured. When I asked specifically about the order number they said "normally we (the leasing company) do all of the tracking and chasing on the customer's behalf but we‘lol be happy to get and provide it to you". Waiting for a call back with that now so we'll see.

To your last point, you can still check order status via VW live chat.