We Charge App.. but no 2.3?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Hello all!

New to the forum and a proud owner of a 3 month old ID.3 Life Pro Performance in Manganese Grey and upgraded 19" Andoya alloys :)

Got in my car around 30 minutes ago to pop into town and saw 'Update available' and I thought "finally.. 2.3!" nope just the new We Charge app! Great to finally have an app which shows charge points linked to We Charge nearby, what a bonus!

Just thought I'd share just incase if no one else was aware they were rolling it out in the UK now. :D
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I got it today but not all the charger points are wecharge, it shows engenie which isn't affiliated to wecharge, there's probably some method of filtering it like the app just haven't found it yet
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm I got it today but not all the charger points are wecharge, it shows engenie which isn't affiliated to wecharge, there's probably some method of filtering it like the app just haven't found it yet
Ah I see, I haven't inspected it fully but I just thought it was only We Charge affiliated points.. still great to have an app like this without having to pay for a subscription to stuff like Zap Map etc.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I think I saw a message when I got in the car yesterday that "may" have said something about an update but by the time my brain had realised, the message had disappeared. Is there any way to tell what it might have been?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Received this "Wecharge" update this morning.
Breakfast

Post by Breakfast »

Me too.

The We Charge App works well and adds much needed functionality to the car.

Plus, it’s always a little exciting to get an update…
stevelar

Post by stevelar »

I think I got an on-screen message about this update when I was in a hurry to leave for town this morning. Think I hit "Cancel" and now I have more time I've looked in the ID System menus and can't find any mention of an update being ready. So not sure how I get it now?!
2021 ID-3 Style 58kW Pro Performance 204PS, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump in Glacier White Metallic
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

itsmeGAV wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm I got it today but not all the charger points are wecharge, it shows engenie which isn't affiliated to wecharge, there's probably some method of filtering it like the app just haven't found it yet
Ah I see, I haven't inspected it fully but I just thought it was only We Charge affiliated points.. still great to have an app like this without having to pay for a subscription to stuff like Zap Map etc.
Its showing local GM:EV chargepoints here - and instavolts.

Not the MFG ones though - and some tesco ones but not others... :D
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

I got the We Charge App today but it doesn't seem very accurate.
If you click on a charger it tells you whether its available or not but this info doesn't correspond with Zap Map or Pod Point apps etc.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

The We Charge app is getting on my nerves.
I updated it the other day and it started asking me to login in - I've been using it for months without having to do that. It then timed out trying to log me in several times. Having finally got in, I find today that it wants me to log in again but that is consistently failing despite using the same credentials as previously.
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

RollingJ wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 pm The We Charge app is getting on my nerves.
I updated it the other day and it started asking me to login in - I've been using it for months without having to do that. It then timed out trying to log me in several times. Having finally got in, I find today that it wants me to log in again but that is consistently failing despite using the same credentials as previously.
Apparently I had to register - errm re-register!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

What do you mean by the We Charge app? Are you referring to the We Charge section in the We Connect ID app or some other app you are using?

I registered with We Charge via the connect app and had a card sent through to my home but when I eventually needed it at an Ionity charger I had to go through the process again it seemed and then add a payment option before I could actual use it to charge?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:33 pm What do you mean by the We Charge app? Are you referring to the We Charge section in the We Connect ID app or some other app you are using?

I registered with We Charge via the connect app and had a card sent through to my home but when I eventually needed it at an Ionity charger I had to go through the process again it seemed and then add a payment option before I could actual use it to charge?
This one I imagine:

16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:33 pm What do you mean by the We Charge app? Are you referring to the We Charge section in the We Connect ID app or some other app you are using?

There's a new We Charge icon in the infotainment system.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

YEs, I get that, but having to log into it? I don't recall ever having to log into anything directly on the car screen, only on the phone app.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I did not have to log into it, so a little confused also.
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:31 pm YEs, I get that, but having to log into it? I don't recall ever having to log into anything directly on the car screen, only on the phone app.

You had to log into what?

The new We Charge icons/app on the CAR just worked for me this afternoon when installed, it asked me the first time if I was happy to share my GPS location, that’s all.
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

ok
1st of all, I was replying to Rollingj who said
"The We Charge app is getting on my nerves.
I updated it the other day and it started asking me to login in - I've been using it for months without having to do that. It then timed out trying to log me in several times. Having finally got in, I find today that it wants me to log in again but that is consistently failing despite using the same credentials as previously."

I wasn't sure what they meant by We Charge app, I then mentioned that despite having registered for We charge previously (within the Connect app). I assume I did they sent me the physical card. The first time I had to use the card at an Ionity charger I discovered I had to re-register and there was further set up to complete. So I was asking Rollingj for clarification and whether they have ever actually used the We Charge to charge the car?

I don't have a We charge app as such it's a function in the We Connect ID app.

Now I am more confused as you have mentioned the We Charge app on the phone again.. I don't have this and it doesn't seem to exist in the play store, but I was asked on screen in the car about sharing location when I ran the We Charge app. (I thought)
RollingJ

Post by RollingJ »

Apologies. Someone referred to a We Charge app and I thought it was something new, searched in the App Store, there was a hit and I apparently had it installed so I tapped it and it opened WeConnectID which is what I was talking about.

The WeCharge function installed in the car last night.
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 am Now I am more confused as you have mentioned the We Charge app on the phone again.

Doh! I meant car not phone, I'm not helping am I.... :oops: