Charging with BP Pulse

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jetman_71

Post by Jetman_71 »

Hi

I have had my ID3 for three weeks now and I have to say it is nothing short of brilliant. Fantastic build quality, great performance and having just done a round trip to the Lake District and the North East with no issues with charging except ....... BP Pulse. Dear oh dear - they need to get things sorted. Charging at their public charge points is great however their customer support is nothing short of appalling. On average I am on hold for 30 minutes (I then give up!) and e-mails seem to fall into a black hole with no reply. I bought the car via a CarWow link at our local dealership - I received an offer code for BP pulse (£25 of credit and 5 months subscription) - still trying to activate this! Sorry for the rant, however, I was wondering if others have had similar experiences with BP Pulse. One thing is for certain I will not be taking up any subscription with them in the future.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

BP Pulse is my first choice of public charging on longer trips and also fast charge at my local indoor shopping centre Lakeside. Not had cause to contact them.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I joined BP pulse while waiting for my home charger. Brilliant so far, county council offers free charge to BP pulse members. Downside has been the local 50Kw chargers which are offline and in a poor state because they are owned by the council and out of maintenance contract, not BP Pulse issue. The local 7KW chargers have been very reliable.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

My experience in Mansfield has been positive. Charger is on a council car park which brings the added benefit of FREE parking whilst charging! Rapid 50kW charge too so ideal for nipping into town for supplies whilst topping up. Win for me, win for local shops.
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

[quote=robgarth post_id=7518 time=1628256132 user_id=824
county council offers free charge to BP pulse members. Downside has been the local 50Kw chargers which are offline and in a poor state because they are owned by the council and out of maintenance contract, not BP Pulse issue.
[/quote]

It’s the same here in Warminster and as I understand the council are reviewing their policy so I guess they will start charging to charge soon.
As this is a ‘destination’ charger I feel they don’t need to be 50kw and could put in at least 5 7kw chargers for the cost of one 50kw charger
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

Warminster id. I agree, the need to update the chargers will probably see the council end the free use. I'm in Trowbridge, so have easy access to five double banked 7kw chargers at the council office, all free. AC charging is better for the life of the battery and preferred by many, including me, so a growth in availablity is needed especially for those that can't have home chargers. There is still a need for easy access to reliable 50kw chargers although I suspect the council will leave that to the various private providers.
Rob
Jetman_71

Post by Jetman_71 »

Sent another e-mail to them and surprise, surprise no response. I won’t keep posting negative comments but far far from impressed. I can’t even add credit whilst using the app. That function seems to have disappeared. All very frustrating.😕
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Jetman_71 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:12 pm I received an offer code for BP pulse (£25 of credit and 5 months subscription) - still trying to activate this!
I have the same offer and also cannot activate it. I followed the instructions in the email sent with the code "Open the bp pulse app and add your unique code below in the Your Membership section. If you're not yet a subscriber, you'll need to upgrade before you can redeem your exclusive offer. " I upgraded my subscription as instructed and now have no where in the app. to put the code.

I'm emailing customer services, but they are very slow to respond and unhelpful.

Let me know if you get anywhere and how it gets resolved if possible and I will do the same.
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I had same. I called their help number from a charger, had to wait a while for them to answer but they sorted it there and then and started the charge. No problems since. Makes sure you have time for a long wait, they are not the quickest to answer.
Rob