Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

TwyRob wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:08 pm
Unfortunately I am now in a sticky situation. I think that the engine on the Mazda is toast. Therefore, I have possibly lost a few thousand on that and I'm annoyed as it's a fun little car. It got me to work for a few weeks but I wasn't planning on losing all the money on it. I don't have huge funds, the ID3 was ordered to cut costs overall. I'm awaiting a verdict from a mechanic on the Mazda, I need to give it a few days for the dust to settle at home before taking it to him.

I have a couple of thousand left over that might fix the Mazda to at least make it saleable or useful. It was not supposed to be used on the car though. The Saab is working well but to get into something like a Zoe would mean selling the Saab and being without a car in the interim. Not an easy thing to do when you work an hour away.

Also, the Saab has real value in the enthusiast community as a private sale because it's a rare model whereas I worry that a used Zoe might struggle to shift privately. The trade in value of the Saab is 30% of the going rate for this model among those in the know.
I had an MX5 a few years ago, was a fun car. I had a lotus elise and an MGF too. they were all good fun but i really have the fondest memories of the MX5.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23

more11o

Post by more11o »

Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:48 pm Interesting, and congratulations on another escapee. I don't think the tracking spreadsheet has your details does it ? Do you have an order date, and ideally an order number from VW (8 digits, begins with 3). I'll get it added if you're ok with sharing a few more details 😀
I would be surprised if it was on the spreadsheet.

Moonstone Grey Life Pro Performance with assistance, sports & east derry wheels.

Ordered : 30 Sep 21
Original build week: 14 2022
Latest updated: At the port 08/04/22

Unfortunately I don't have the order number to hand.
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

Yours was then either built earlier or left the factory the same week it was built then?
jmo2022

Post by jmo2022 »

I spoke with my lease broker today for a quick update as I was told 2nd of May a few weeks ago. He came back to me and said the dealer still has the 2nd of May as the expected delivery date…

I then asked him if he has had any ID3’s delivered to clients since we last spoke and he said he had a Max delivered on Monday.

I can’t see the benefit for him to make this up so hopefully there’s some progress being made in the factory 🤞
VW ID3 Tour
Order Number 3151****
Build Status 10 - Build Week 11 2023
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

jmo2022 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:19 pm I spoke with my lease broker today for a quick update as I was told 2nd of May a few weeks ago. He came back to me and said the dealer still has the 2nd of May as the expected delivery date…

I then asked him if he has had any ID3’s delivered to clients since we last spoke and he said he had a Max delivered on Monday.

I can’t see the benefit for him to make this up so hopefully there’s some progress being made in the factory 🤞
Wow, one has escaped. I would say it's encouraging but was probably ordered last julember.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
furtive

Post by furtive »

jmo2022 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:19 pm I spoke with my lease broker today for a quick update as I was told 2nd of May a few weeks ago. He came back to me and said the dealer still has the 2nd of May as the expected delivery date…

Wow, that's great news, if true. I have just about given up on ever seeing my car

Out of interest, who is your lease broker?
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

more11o wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:15 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:48 pm Interesting, and congratulations on another escapee. I don't think the tracking spreadsheet has your details does it ? Do you have an order date, and ideally an order number from VW (8 digits, begins with 3). I'll get it added if you're ok with sharing a few more details 😀
I would be surprised if it was on the spreadsheet.

Moonstone Grey Life Pro Performance with assistance, sports & east derry wheels.

Ordered : 30 Sep 21
Original build week: 14 2022
Latest updated: At the port 08/04/22

Unfortunately I don't have the order number to hand.

You bring hope to many people here, as there’s a big block of people with build weeks on/before 14 with very little info on their vehicles at all. Keep us posted and many thanks for sharing your info.
Last edited by Utumno on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

jmo2022 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:19 pm I then asked him if he has had any ID3’s delivered to clients since we last spoke and he said he had a Max delivered on Monday.

Did he also suggest that Liv Tyler was waiting at home to rub his feet after a hard day’s work? 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

DiskoBill

Post by DiskoBill »

Call from the dealer today to say he’d spoken to VW and been told our Tour (August ‘21order) is at stage 7 out of 8 in the build process, so should be completed in the next two weeks! I do wonder if this just means it has been sitting in storage awaiting some final bits all this time as has been suggested here. I think he was expecting a more enthusiastic response from me, rather than the slightly cynical one he got. Any idea what stage 7 in the build process means?
jmo2022

Post by jmo2022 »

furtive wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Wow, that's great news, if true. I have just about given up on ever seeing my car

It’s a franchisee of the Bridle Group, Leasing Route.
VW ID3 Tour
Order Number 3151****
jmo2022

Post by jmo2022 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:59 pm
jmo2022 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:19 pm I then asked him if he has had any ID3’s delivered to clients since we last spoke and he said he had a Max delivered on Monday.

Did he also suggest that Liv Tyler was waiting at home to rub his feet after a hard day’s work? 😂
Hopefully it’s true and there’s a slither of hope that some people are starting to get their orders 🤞😅
Last edited by jmo2022 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VW ID3 Tour
Order Number 3151****
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DiskoBill wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:27 pm Call from the dealer today to say he’d spoken to VW and been told our Tour (August ‘21order) is at stage 7 out of 8 in the build process, so should be completed in the next two weeks! I do wonder if this just means it has been sitting in storage awaiting some final bits all this time as has been suggested here. I think he was expecting a more enthusiastic response from me, rather than the slightly cynical one he got. Any idea what stage 7 in the build process means?

“Still Not Built Yet”?

That’s the update that came in from our dealer yesterday, anyway.

@Newfie (who has a good relationship with his dealer) previously reported that stage 7 is “the chip stage”.

On the other hand my dealer won’t even tell me what stage our Tour is at, not that I’d believe a word anyway.
Last edited by Utumno on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Whereas I got a call this week from the dealer for my tour ordered end of Aug;

“Good news! Yours is still week 39!” Apparently his other calls we’re putting dates back, hence mine being good news hah
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

dsmith wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:07 pm Whereas I got a call this week from the dealer for my tour ordered end of Aug;

“Good news! Yours is still week 39!” Apparently his other calls we’re putting dates back, hence mine being good news hah

That’s week 39 2022 of course. VW haven’t shipped a week 40 2021 Tour/Max yet 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

jmo2022 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:58 pm

That is interesting, my ID3 is through go green leasing a subsidiary of the Bridle group who are still sticking with my date of the 31st May from their dealer.
My actual lease is with Hitachi, I wonder if that is the same.

When I last emailed him 3 weeks ago other cars from the same order block had already been pushed back to August.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

DiskoBill wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:27 pm Call from the dealer today to say he’d spoken to VW and been told our Tour (August ‘21order) is at stage 7 out of 8 in the build process, so should be completed in the next two weeks! I do wonder if this just means it has been sitting in storage awaiting some final bits all this time as has been suggested here. I think he was expecting a more enthusiastic response from me, rather than the slightly cynical one he got. Any idea what stage 7 in the build process means?
They have inflated the tyres.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

No real update from my dealer (as if!). But, I've been thinking about other options and have signed up for the KIA electric experience in May to look at the new Kia Niro EV. I also considered the Kia Soul EV last year before I ordered the ID3 and reading the Speak EV Kia forum its clear I would have got that by now. So, I'm doing a lot of second guessing about whether going with the ID3 was the right thing.

But, at Tesco this morning I saw a glacier white ID3 with Andoya wheels (what I've ordered) and it looked great. Seeing an ID3 in person reminds me why I ordered it.

Oh well.....
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
jmo2022

Post by jmo2022 »

jimbaxter wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:32 pm

That is interesting, my ID3 is through go green leasing a subsidiary of the Bridle group who are still sticking with my date of the 31st May from their dealer.

When I last emailed him 3 weeks ago other cars from the same order block had already been pushed back to August.
Hmmm, maybe he is playing a game then. I know who the dealer is so I could try and phone them direct and see if they’ll give me an answer. I’m guessing my broker will be listed as the customer though so I probably won’t get anything out of them.
VW ID3 Tour
Order Number 3151****
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Chipping in with my "no-update" update for my BW40 Max order. Estimated date still pushing out each week by a week, currently at 9th May 2022... Ha! I wish they'd just set it to December or something so I don't get my hopes up each time an update email lands in my inbox.

I thought I'd secured the opportunity to jump into an interim EV from work's car pool until the id.3 arrives. A colleague is leaving in a couple of weeks and handing back his Model 3 and whilst I thought I'd jumped through all the hoops to swap to that, but in contravention of their own guidance, they've kindly let me know this morning they've offered it to someone else.

Not a happy bunny! I'm back to being grumpy now about the id.3 delays. Approaching 40 weeks since order and 28 weeks "in build".
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
Timbit33

Post by Timbit33 »

jimbaxter wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:32 pm

My ID.3 Tour is also through Go Green Leasing with a build week of 46.
They told me on Tuesday the ETA is 6th June. I don't know where the ETA's come from if nothing about the car has changed. They had told me the car was just awaiting a Chassis Number at the start of March which I was hoping meant I had gotten passed the Chip Stage. But the email pushing it back to June has contradicted this so I assume they just told me what I wanted to hear.

Been 50/50 on cancelling due to the lack of information but being a passive viewer of this forum has kept me going, remembering i'm not alone.

Utumno I don't have an order number but my order is a Tour Pro S. in Silver Confirmed Build Week 46 with Go Green Leasing. My last update from them was Tuesday 12th April and the Estimated Date is 06/06/2022. I believe they order the car at the end of June 21