Light bar on dashboard?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
phixion

Post by phixion »

Hello!

Picked up my ID.3 Tour today, been playing around with the infotainment system getting everything set up as I want it, the one thing I don't understand is the lightbar on the dashboard.

I see it turns on when the car is ready to drive, but I've also seen it kick in while driving, with a blue light. Is this telling me that I'm driving uneconomically or something?

I've read that it's used when you say "Hello ID" and you can control your cars AC etc through it, it also comes on green when you get a phone call, but what does the blue light mean when driving?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger

daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

If you look at the dash (or heads-up if you have it) there’ll be an icon of a foot lifting off the accelerator when the light goes blue.

If you lift off when instructed the car will slow down in a manner it thinks is most economical. You see it at things like speed limit changes and roundabouts.
phixion

Post by phixion »

Daesimpso wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:24 pm If you look at the dash (or heads-up if you have it) there’ll be an icon of a foot lifting off the accelerator when the light goes blue.

If you lift off when instructed the car will slow down in a manner it thinks is most economical. You see it at things like speed limit changes and roundabouts.
Aha, I see... Thank you.

I am currently driving with most of the assists turned on, going to see how I get on and which annoy me before turning them off.

Great car so far, but I've only had it for 1 day.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Here’s a list I compiled about the ID. Light:

A. Solid red = front assist collision warning
B. Dark blue swipes to the left/right = in-car navigation on approach to a turn
C. Red or green towards the left with dashed green lines = battery charging
D. White block/flashes in front of driver or passenger = voice control active
E. Light blue block in front of driver = efficiency assist advising to lift off the power pedal
F. White flashes (which look like lanes) in front of the driver = lane assist activated on dual-carriageways and motorways
G. White/red flashes in front of the driver, wiggling from side to side = steering wheel contact detection (Travel Assist specs only)
H. Green flashes in the centre = incoming call
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 pm Here’s a list I compiled about the ID. Light:

E. Light blue block in front of driver = efficiency assist advising to lift off the power pedal
F. White flashes (which look like lanes) in front of the driver = lane assist activated on dual-carriageways and motorways
G. White/red flashes in front of the driver, wiggling from side to side = steering wheel contact detection (Travel Assist specs only)
Does anyone find all these flashes and swipes helpful, or just annoying?
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The only problem i have is that apart from the red one(which is ultra sensitive) and the sat nav function i can't remember what they've for😏
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 pm Here’s a list I compiled about the ID. Light:

I thought when it's charging it's red/green towards the right (with the dashed lines representing remaining charge).
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

rikimaru wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 am

I thought when it's charging it's red/green towards the right (with the dashed lines representing remaining charge).

On UK cars the battery "fills" from right to left, so your existing charge level is to the left of the ID. Light and the dashed markers move towards that solid block from right to left.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 am
rikimaru wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 am

On UK cars the battery "fills" from right to left, so your existing charge level is to the left of the ID. Light and the dashed markers move towards that solid block from right to left.
I get what you mean. The way I saw it was the bar is filling up from left to right (as it starts empty on the left).. Semantics really :roll:
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!