12 month + club

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Big_GT wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:23 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:16 pm
Big_GT wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:39 pm

We use humour to mask the pain, the fear is it might not be a joke lol
Haha so true. I am half expecting it to be 2 years before I get mine and if that's the case then I'm over half way there. (My lame attempt at positivity 😂)
I have the fear that yes we may get a facelift model, but the Spec of the Max will be non existent on them and we will get what the equivalent " New " model will be and that will be their get out clause for the parts they are struggling with, which from process of elimination seems to be linked with Travel assist on the ID.3
You could be right.
Have VW announced when the facelift starts production?
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23

roybosh

Post by roybosh »

As of the 1st November I'm in the 12 month + club.

None too convincing e-mail from the dealer......build date will be week 52, w/c 12/12/2022.

Add the delivery time, perhaps mid February?

I've read that Germany loves their Christmas holidays with most businesses shutting down to take two weeks off to enjoy the festivities.
I couldn't get the dealer to confirm that VW shut down production or work through to help alleviate the huge waiting lists.

Hope y'all take delivery of your car soon

Roybosh
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

I guess today I become the newest member of the 12 month + club. Probably one of the last members too, it wasnt long after i ordered my tour that they cut the range back to only the life 22, which I imagine few people will have ordered, and wont be entering this club if they did. If memory serves me correctly it was 08th Feb last year they cut the range back.

Hopefully there are a lot of club veterans who have now taken delivery and left the ranks here, which does give some hope. Though they seem to be building family models at the moment. I really look forward to seeing the first Tour into the country for a long long time.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
LDC7080

Post by LDC7080 »

morning Dinsdale. i do not know how true the rumour is, but someone posted on FB that cars with heat pumps have been delayed for an unknown amount of time! could you get the heat pump removed from your order and see if that helps? i dont know your circumstances but many have stated that U.K just is not cold enough to see the benefit from a heat pump
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Welcome to the club. Drinks and cake are that way ➡️

I'm still waiting. I might get the chance to start a 2 year club thread. 😭
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
MotoCC

Post by MotoCC »

New member to the 12 month + club here! Order accepted by VW through Lex Autolease (company car) for a base Life Pro Moonstone Grey (no heat pump and no alloys) in January 2022. Been a nightmare trying to get any information on the status of my order until the end of last week. Now been told that it has a build week of this week and all being well it will be delivered by end March. I’m not overly optimistic of getting it by then given it was last due in November 2022 and I only got contacted 2 weeks before it was due to say it was being pushed back 4 more months!
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

LDC7080 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:36 am morning Dinsdale. i do not know how true the rumour is, but someone posted on FB that cars with heat pumps have been delayed for an unknown amount of time! could you get the heat pump removed from your order and see if that helps? i dont know your circumstances but many have stated that U.K just is not cold enough to see the benefit from a heat pump
Thanks for info, not heard anything from the dealer other than its still at week 12 2023, I have heard they have cancelled the heat pumps from the facelift models though, if it comes up and they ask I will tell them i will take the car without the heat pump, but will wait for the dealer to mention it :)
ordered 24/01/22
CmdrKrunchy

Post by CmdrKrunchy »

I can officially call myself one of the 12 month + club now. Placed my order through Tusker Cars (salary sacrifice scheme) in December 21, confirmed by VW in January 22. Now stuck in Limbo land with the delivery estimate getting pushed back a month at a time, still no build slot...
ID.3 Kings Red, 58kWh Family Pro Performance, Steelies, Heat Pump
Order submitted Dec 21 (Tusker Salary Sacrifice), confirmed Jan 22
Delivery date Sept 22, then Oct 22, then Nov 22, then Feb 23, then March 23, then mid April 23.
Delivered late April 2023
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Jamie1c wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:40 am Welcome to the club. Drinks and cake are that way ➡️

The way VW are behaving is absolutely aweful.
ordered 24/01/22
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Dinsdale wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:40 am Welcome to the club. Drinks and cake are that way ➡️

Disgraceful mate. Horrible company.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Jamie1c wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:38 pm

For balance, if you go to a Kia EV6 forum you will find that people who ordered a GT Line S have been waiting for similar lengths of time ie 12-18 months, have never been given a build date, still don't have a clue when it might eventually arrive and don't know what model year it will be (or at least, that was all true 2 months ago when I looked into possibly buying one). They have also seen lots of people's cars being delivered in lower specs and the release by Kia and Hyundai of new models in the meantime. Some of them have given up and cancelled their orders.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:23 pm

For balance, if you go to a Kia EV6 forum you will find that people who ordered a GT Line S have been waiting for similar lengths of time ie 12-18 months, have never been given a build date, still don't have a clue when it might eventually arrive and don't know what model year it will be (or at least, that was all true 2 months ago when I looked into possibly buying one). They have also seen lots of people's cars being delivered in lower specs and the release by Kia and Hyundai of new models in the meantime. Some of them have given up and cancelled their orders.
Jeez, that doesn't make good reading.
I suppose each brand can be as bad as one another. My opinions are based off my personal experience because I've never had any issues dealing with other car makers.

Having said that, I'd be equally raging if I waited that long for a kia only to be given a lower spec one.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Jamie1c wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm

I suppose each brand can be as bad as one another. My opinions are based off my personal experience because I've never had any issues dealing with other car makers.

Having said that, I'd be equally raging if I waited that long for a kia only to be given a lower spec one.
MG cancelled a load of order for MG5’s because they couldn’t make them before their facelift launched, and there are loads of people been waiting on the Long Range ZS for 13months + now, Vauxhall started supplying top spec cars with bits missing and lower infotainment screens etc, VW seem to be at least build what you have ordered for now and price guarantee is sticking.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Big_GT wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:44 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm

MG cancelled a load of order for MG5’s because they couldn’t make them before their facelift launched, and there are loads of people been waiting on the Long Range ZS for 13months + now, Vauxhall started supplying top spec cars with bits missing and lower infotainment screens etc, VW seem to be at least build what you have ordered for now and price guarantee is sticking.
Wow, they're all at it.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
djkav

Post by djkav »

I'm on 18 months now. It's my first and last VW vehicle I'll get. That's if I don't cancel this order.
I didn't order a heat pump on the ID.3 either.
Motability Customer
ID3 Tour (Standard) --- Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 29-Aug-2021 --- #31421
When will it be built... Answers on a postcard.
laa_francois

Post by laa_francois »

I am now a member of the 12 month club. I ordered a family pro performance with east dery wheels through lex autolease 12 months ago today.

The original delivery date was 31/12/2022 , which was pushed back to 02/01/2023 then in December pushed back to 31/01/2023, early January it then got pushed to 28/02/2023. The dealer has told lex the build date is still unconfirmed but is close. Until it's confirmed they have said the date will be pushed back further.

Given the timescales for shipping and delivery I think April will be a reasonable deliver date unless it gets a confirmed build date.
Charolais

Post by Charolais »

Late Nov 21 Family Pro order confirmed built wk 3/23 now en route to UK, dealer says 2 - 4 weeks for delivery. That’ll be 15 months to delivery. At last! 😊
Family Pro in Glacier White with East Derry wheels and rear hitch ordered 18 Nov 21 from Lookers Battersea. Order number 31578xxx
12/12/22 Confirmed build week 3/23
26/1/23 Confirmed built, en route to UK
15/2/23 Collected car🍾