Charging schedule being ignored

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

When you're away from home, charge type changes to "immediately" for obvious reasons. Sometimes it fails to return to "preferred times" when returning to the set home location. A quick glance at the infotainment and at most two presses is all that's needed.
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

StewartManley wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:38 am When you're away from home, charge type changes to "immediately" for obvious reasons. Sometimes it fails to return to "preferred times" when returning to the set home location. A quick glance at the infotainment and at most two presses is all that's needed.
I agree. I think this is the definition of a first world problem.
I don't think it's a bug either, I think it's by intent. I get the impression that the root cause of some behaviour that people in the UK find irritating is that the car was really designed around departure times and preferred times are more of an add on. This is why the app menus are structured the way they are, which is very counter intuitive it you want to find charging location settings for preferred times. I think it's probably also why the car defaults to immediate mode each time you get home. When alternating between charging immediately and for a departure time - as we do now that we are on Tracker - it's the best way for it to work. 90% of charges we just want it to start straight away, the other 10% we want it to use the set departure times. If you want to use the same preferred times every charge, it isn't...but it still takes less effort to put it in preferred times mode in the goodbye screen than faffing with an EVSE app.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.