Automatic lane change with Travel Assist - how does it work?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ar76 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 am Hmm, interesting. I tried it many times yesterday on an almost deserted 4-lane section of the A1M. The instance I touch the indicator the arrows go back to being grey. Tried it probably 100 times now.

Not essential of course but seems to conclusively not work on my ID.3, unless I'm not understanding what sort of "tap" I'm meant to give it. Do I tap the *end* of the stick maybe?
I find it very hit and miss. As I approach and enter the 3 lane road and get up to speed I press set. The car is then in ACC and sometimes the arrows appear and sometimes they don’t. If they do, I might give it a try to make sure the function works. But the arrows don’t seem to hang around for long. In my case, after the arrows have been greyed out for a while, they disappear all together and won’t return until I press the set button again. Someone suggested the width of the road could be the issue??
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

The indicator, when you tap it up, it clicks for a few seconds. When you push it up, it stays on until you turn or turn it off.

To move, the screen needs to indicate that you can move and you tap it.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

mediaguy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:06 pm The indicator, when you tap it up, it clicks for a few seconds. When you push it up, it stays on until you turn or turn it off.

To move, the screen needs to indicate that you can move and you tap it.
That’s correct. I think it’s very hit and miss as I’ve said. Sometimes the little arrows don’t show and sometimes they do.
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I have just a couple of trips to Glasgow and noticed that if the lane change isn't available, switch to ACC and back to TA then the wee arrows become available. Turn it off, turn it on syndrome. It works much better now - not perfect!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Big_GT

Post by Big_GT »

You must keep one hand on the steering wheel, if the capacitive steering wheel detects you have let go it cancels the lane change.
Moonstone Grey ID.3 Max 2023