Escalation Contact

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Hi All,

Looking for some help here. My Id3 is not charging at my home charger and all other public chargers rated at 7kw. I have taken the car authorised garage and they haven't been able to find any problems and keep saying it charges on their charger. Obviously something is wrong with the car, but given Garage isn't able to do anything, who should I reach out to? Does anyone have any escalation contacts? Customer services are saying to take it to another garage, I don't know how that is a solution?

Thanks,
Aniket

smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

Things like this should not be so hard. Do you know anyone else with an electric car who can test your charger at home and then take a video showing it charging. Then you can record your car not charging and provide the video evidence to the garage.

Is the garage local to another 7kw charger that you could take a technician to and show them?
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

smyth1492 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:48 pm Things like this should not be so hard. Do you know anyone else with an electric car who can test your charger at home and then take a video showing it charging. Then you can record your car not charging and provide the video evidence to the garage.

Is the garage local to another 7kw charger that you could take a technician to and show them?
I know, right! I have shown them a video of mine not charging to which they had no comments except for reiterating that its charging at theirs which is also 7kw. I offered them to take a technician with me to 2-3 different chargers near the garage to show its not working but they said they can't do this as the technicians are not insured to go outside the garage. Its like they are wanting to pass the buck, hence my question about who should own the buck if they are passing it.

I can try what you suggested about having someone else charge at my charger to prove its not the charger. I am sure they will find an excuse to even avert that, bur worth a try.
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Have you tried charging on 7kw chargers with different cables ?
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

aniketsantani wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:31 pm
smyth1492 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:48 pm Things like this should not be so hard. Do you know anyone else with an electric car who can test your charger at home and then take a video showing it charging. Then you can record your car not charging and provide the video evidence to the garage.

I know, right! I have shown them a video of mine not charging to which they had no comments except for reiterating that its charging at theirs which is also 7kw. I offered them to take a technician with me to 2-3 different chargers near the garage to show its not working but they said they can't do this as the technicians are not insured to go outside the garage. Its like they are wanting to pass the buck, hence my question about who should own the buck if they are passing it.

I can try what you suggested about having someone else charge at my charger to prove its not the charger. I am sure they will find an excuse to even avert that, bur worth a try.
WTF response is that from the dealer that their technicians cannot go beyond the garage for insurance reasons, how on earth can they conduct a road test on a vehicle in for defect rectification???
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Big_GT wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:55 pm Have you tried charging on 7kw chargers with different cables ?
Yes, My home charger gas its own wire.
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

You don’t have any schedules or locations stored in the car ?
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Have you tried the VW charger with your wire? Satisfy yourself that it does work as it should.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Big_GT wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:00 pm You don’t have any schedules or locations stored in the car ?
Nope, Nothing. Am aware that it causes problems.
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:10 am Have you tried the VW charger with your wire? Satisfy yourself that it does work as it should.
Yes, tried that yesterday and today. Working fine. Was finally able to convince the technician to come with me to a public charger so that I can show him the issue. They finally acknowledge that there is an issue and are going to reach out to VW Technical Team for a solution. I am convinced it is "N" pin on the charging port or the wires associated with it.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

aniketsantani wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:03 pm to come with me to a public charger so that I can show him the issue. They finally acknowledge that there is an issue and are going to reach out to VW Technical Team for a solution.
So you're not going mad then! Fingers crossed for a quick and easy solution from VW.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
SwissBlue

Post by SwissBlue »

Considering you have probably waited an age for the car, dump it locked in an inconvenient spot on their forecourt and only move it when they agree to fix it
MaxiPriest

Post by MaxiPriest »

aniketsantani wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:03 pm
DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:10 am Have you tried the VW charger with your wire? Satisfy yourself that it does work as it should.
Yes, tried that yesterday and today. Working fine. Was finally able to convince the technician to come with me to a public charger so that I can show him the issue. They finally acknowledge that there is an issue and are going to reach out to VW Technical Team for a solution. I am convinced it is "N" pin on the charging port or the wires associated with it.
May I ask what charger you are using? Are you getting any charge at all - I have noted in another post that there is reduced charging on Ohme, Hypervolt and Podpoint.

What makes you suspect that it is the "N" pin on the charging port?

Thanks
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

MaxiPriest wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:36 pm
aniketsantani wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:03 pm
May I ask what charger you are using? Are you getting any charge at all - I have noted in another post that there is reduced charging on Ohme, Hypervolt and Podpoint.

What makes you suspect that it is the "N" pin on the charging port?

Thanks
I have a wallbox Pulsar at home. But its not just that charger it doesn't work on. None of the 7kw rated (1 phase connection) chargers work, tried quite a few public ones as well. Someone on here said that N Pin is used only for 7kw chargers. Given that are the only chargers not working, hence the conclusion about N pin.
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

SwissBlue wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:57 am Considering you have probably waited an age for the car, dump it locked in an inconvenient spot on their forecourt and only move it when they agree to fix it
Unfortunately, cannot do that as thats the only car I have. Have been charging it on public 22kw chargers. Fortunately, its free in Glasgow at the moment and there are plenty near where I live and where I work. Garage is now conversing with VW Technical team on the issue to find a solution. No point keeping vehicle in the garage waiting for VW to respond to emails..
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The Neutral pin is used in all AC Charging whether single phase or 3 phase, what kind of speeds are you getting on 22kW. Should be 11kw but (and no idea if this would be how it works) if you have a PIN problem it might be the AC L1 pin is dodgy (2 o'clock position om Male connector) and the other two are working on 3 phase?
Odd though I would expect any connection problem to stop charging on any charger.