Max and Tour

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Hey guys, for those waiting on max and tours, how long are you realistically expecting to wait for delivery?

For me I think it'll be nearing the 2 year mark. Just a gut feeling I have. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but interested in what others think their delivery date expectations are.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

I got an email this morning telling me my build week has just dropped to 00 no build week 😡😡
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

I'm half expecting Max & Tour orders to be the final orders before the facelift to clear out the stock of left over parts. Realistically i'm thinking i'll be into a completely different car before they arrive - for me, I think if it misses its 1 year from the original stated delivery (April 2022), i'll be pretty much done with the whole thing.

There's also the possibility of VW cancelling all the remaining Max & Tour orders or VW making those the first cars to be built when they launch the facelift, but at this point it would be anyones guess.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

Well, based on the dates I've now been given I will be at least 19 months from original order date. As VW seem to be incapable of building a production line car I don't think it will be less than 2 years and I suspect they will keep giving us the carrot of "it will be built in a couple of months time" to keep us waiting. Every time I see the date slip I go through the "we're never actually going to get this car" thoughts. Och, perhaps we'll both be surprised and get a phone call to tell us its at the dealers..... was that a pig I saw flying past the window. ;) :lol:
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

I'm half expecting Max & Tour orders to be the final orders before the facelift to clear out the stock of left over parts.
Yes, I did wonder that as well. But, that would require some planning and thought process from VW - things (IMO) they seem to be incapable of ;) :)
ID.3 Max
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

I expect to be around the 2 year mark, I’ve recently been provided week 16 as a build date. I do wonder if VW even know how to spec the tour/max anymore, due to revisions and changes in specs.

If it’s a facelift or an old model who knows what they are thinking, I would suggest that changes with the wind daily.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Indyfras wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:44 am Well, based on the dates I've now been given I will be at least 19 months from original order date. As VW seem to be incapable of building a production line car I don't think it will be less than 2 years and I suspect they will keep giving us the carrot of "it will be built in a couple of months time" to keep us waiting. Every time I see the date slip I go through the "we're never actually going to get this car" thoughts. Och, perhaps we'll both be surprised and get a phone call to tell us its at the dealers..... was that a pig I saw flying past the window. ;) :lol:
No pig. That was probably your ID3 on it's way to another owner?
Seriously, why on earth would anyone wait 18 months/2 years for this car? Is this the experience others are having with other manufacturers?
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Indyfras wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:44 am Well, based on the dates I've now been given I will be at least 19 months from original order date. As VW seem to be incapable of building a production line car I don't think it will be less than 2 years and I suspect they will keep giving us the carrot of "it will be built in a couple of months time" to keep us waiting. Every time I see the date slip I go through the "we're never actually going to get this car" thoughts. Och, perhaps we'll both be surprised and get a phone call to tell us its at the dealers..... was that a pig I saw flying past the window. ;) :lol:
No pig. That was probably your ID3 on it's way to another owner?
Seriously, why on earth would anyone wait 18 months/2 years for this car? Is this the experience others are having with other manufacturers?
It does indeed seem to be throughout other marques, MG ZS Long Range models have passed the 12 months waiting, Ford just stopped taking orders for 6 months on Focus and Fiestas, Hyundai wouldn't give me a time for a factory order Kona EV, Cupra will join the list of cars waiting due to shortages now as most if not all of their launch stock has been delivered and sold.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Haha as Scratch mentioned it was probably your car on it's way to someone else shouting " look what could have had" 😁

That's a good point that the cars may be made before the facelift.

I would never had accepted this time frame if the dealership had mention over a year but I'm in too deep now to cancel and be at the back of another wait for a car.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

Several reasons:
The cars we were looking at now have waiting lists (so we'd end up joining the end, are they any more honest about the wait time, and if we have to wait another year for those cars will our ID.3 come before them)
We chose the Id.3 because it was the correct size, hatchback, boot size, spec, range and price - any I can't find a good alternative that ticks all those criteria
The other cars we were looking at have all now had at least one price increase (some more)

I have looked at other cars but they don't match our criteria/price but if one comes up then we will have a lot of thinking to do. If VW had been honest with us at the start and said it would take 2 years before we would get the car we would probably have made a different decision.
ID.3 Max
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Casparh

Post by Casparh »

What does the Max have over the Family?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Casparh wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:49 pm What does the Max have over the Family?
HUD, more speakers, travel assist and side assist, DCC. I might have missed something (edit - nicer seats)
With 3.0 also the memory parking

In terms of VW packs, I think it's Infotainment plus, assistance plus and sport plus
Last edited by sidehaas on Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:00 pm
Casparh wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:49 pm What does the Max have over the Family?
HUD, more speakers I think, travel assist and side assist, DCC. I might have missed something.

In terms of VW packs, I think it's Infotainment plus, assistance plus and sport plus.
Electric seats with lumbar support and massage buttons (so style plus pack)
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Indyfras wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:40 pm
Several reasons:
The cars we were looking at now have waiting lists (so we'd end up joining the end, are they any more honest about the wait time, and if we have to wait another year for those cars will our ID.3 come before them)
We chose the Id.3 because it was the correct size, hatchback, boot size, spec, range and price - any I can't find a good alternative that ticks all those criteria
The other cars we were looking at have all now had at least one price increase (some more)

I have looked at other cars but they don't match our criteria/price but if one comes up then we will have a lot of thinking to do. If VW had been honest with us at the start and said it would take 2 years before we would get the car we would probably have made a different decision.
What timeframe did they quote you?
I was told 4 months. I would have accepted 6 months but never 1 year plus.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

What does the Max have over the Family?
When we ordered our Max we looked at all the various Packs. The Max had all the Plus packs included as standard.
ID.3 Max
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

We originally started looking at EVs in July 2021 and the VW dealer told us at that time that the official VW wait time was 4 months, but he said VW weren't meeting that so their dealership were advising 6 months. We then ordered in October and were told it was a 6 months wait. When I checked this forum (I was a lurker at that point and hadn't joined) that was perhaps a wee bit longer than some other dealers were saying to their customers but I was quite happy with that based on what he had said in July. However, just after we had ordered our car the whole week 40/2021 issue blew up where some cars had gone into production and didn't come out for 6 months eg Utumno (I think his name was).
ID.3 Max
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Indyfras wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:25 pm
We originally started looking at EVs in July 2021 and the VW dealer told us at that time that the official VW wait time was 4 months, but he said VW weren't meeting that so their dealership were advising 6 months. We then ordered in October and were told it was a 6 months wait. When I checked this forum (I was a lurker at that point and hadn't joined) that was perhaps a wee bit longer than some other dealers were saying to their customers but I was quite happy with that based on what he had said in July. However, just after we had ordered our car the whole week 40/2021 issue blew up where some cars had gone into production and didn't come out for 6 months eg Utumno (I think his name was).
I was just given a 4 month wait. I ordered the car in the first week of August but for whatever reason it didn't actually get confirmed till the 20th.
Yeah utumno had a bit of a carry on with his.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Timescales for all models seemed to take a step back around late July 2021. There were Tour orders in late June and maybe even slightly later than got delivered in 4-6 months, and there were a number of Life and Family orders up to the beginning of August that got delivered in 4-5 months (including ours). But from July onwards I think there were only a couple more people on these forums who got a Tour before they all stopped with the week 40 cars (these showed confirmed build in 2021 week 40 for ever more, and eventually showed up in spring 2022 having been sat part-built for months). From mid August 2021 the actual wait on a Family abruptly went from 4 months to 7-8 months. Dealers didn't seem able to predict any of this. After that things have got worse still, but maybe on a more gradual fashion.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:41 pm
Timescales for all models seemed to take a step back around late July 2021. There were Tour orders in late June and maybe even slightly later than got delivered in 4-6 months, and there were a number of Life and Family orders up to the beginning of August that got delivered in 4-5 months (including ours). But from July onwards I think there were only a couple more people on these forums who got a Tour before they all stopped with the week 40 cars (these showed confirmed build in 2021 week 40 for ever more, and eventually showed up in spring 2022 having been sat part-built for months). From mid August 2021 the actual wait on a Family abruptly went from 4 months to 7-8 months. Dealers didn't seem able to predict any of this. After that things have got worse still, but maybe on a more gradual fashion.
Really annoys me the silence coming from VW, they say speak to your dealer, but they wont tell the dealers anything either. Its also infuriating they cant build a tour or a max as they cant get the components, but they can find plenty of the same components to build any amount of Cupra Borns.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Dinsdale wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:08 pm but they can find plenty of the same components to build any amount of Cupra Borns.
But that's not completely true, you can't order a Born and get Travel Assist or Matrix headlights and they have completely different interiors. The first two of which both the Tour and Max require for production. The travel assist sensors in the ID.3 being the hardest to get hold of apparently to the point that even the German configurator which you can now spec up an ID.3 quite highly again, does not allow the option for Assistance Plus to be added.