Calculating kwh put into car

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
allkindsofshrimp

Post by allkindsofshrimp »

Finally picked up my ID3 yesterday after waiting 16 months. There's a lot to take in!

I've got a home pod point charger and the VW Connect ID app. I was wondering if there's a way to see how many kwh I've put into the car? The reason I'm asking is so I can work out how much of our electricity bill I'm responsible for.

The pod point app seemed to show nothing when plugged in and the VW app showed charging progress until the 80% target.

paw

Post by paw »

I have a. Pod point too. I can’t view any stats whilst charging but once unplugged pod point app will show stats. If you have t already you can load your energy tariff directly onto the app - under account
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Approximately % change in the battery * 58. (If you have a 58kwh battery).
Alternatively if you can check what power your charger is delivering (eg 7.5kw), and if it's constant (most are but not universally) then you can just multiply 7.5 by the number of hours for which it is charging. So 4 hours at 7.5 kw is 30kwh (4*7.5=30).
Both methods have some uncertainty in them with losses etc but are good for a rough estimate.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

But in this cold snap, my 4 hrs overnight on Go only got to 27 kw, but it was minus 4 here
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The Podpoint only shows the details once you have unplugged it , last night at -8 by us it put 26.9 kw in in 4 hours which isn't bad considering the temperature , in the first half hour it was only charging at half pace so assume it was busy heating the battery
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Depends on your mains voltage (which varies from area to are from 230-250v..). Here it’s north of 240 - so I get 7.8kw from my charger fairly consistently.

Of course there are losses. So the amount that the battery charges is usually c.5% less than that delivered from the charger.