snags post delivery

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

i seem to have 3 issues with the new car and was hoping 2 may have a solution if anyone can advise?

1, car missing tyre compressor/fluid, - ive chased to get this

2, wipers not auto wiping, i have enabled in vehicle settings and set stalk to int but wipers just seem to be working intermittently and not automatically, am i missing any settings or is this for the dealer?

3, when i plug in at home my car switches to charge immediately rather that keeping charge at preferred time. i have setup location charging and cat see why its not keeping the setting?

any advice would be great.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Not having an ID3 should exclude me from saying. BUT number 2. On my Mazda, if you turn the sensitivity down they barely come into action. Maybe you need to change this? Sadly, I have no idea how to or if this is even right.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Re: the wipers, is it possible there is some unwanted moisture on the screen? They will sometimes operate unwantedly in this case. For example if there was some melting frost. But if it's happening all the time, see your dealer, sounds like a fault. The button on the top of the stalk adjusts sensitivity.

Re: home charging, you need to set up all the preferred times and charging limit for your preferred location (note, this charge limit is separate from the general charge limit on the main screen and will override it when the car is parked in that location). That's a one-off activity, except when you want to change your charge limit.

Then, each time when turning off the car before charging, you just need to select whether you want to charge immediately (the default), charge to a departure time, or charge at preferred times. The option can be selected in the charge menu and alternatively it comes up on the goodbye screen - it sounds like maybe you are missing this step. If you don't remember to select this in the car, you can also change to the correct setting in the WeConnectID app very easily after plugging in.

Also note that when you plug in, the charging point light will flash green (as opposed to solid or pulsing green) to show that it is ready and waiting for the preferred charge time. This doesn't mean it is charging. Sometimes, it will go solid or pulsing green and appear to be charging for just a couple of minutes, before entering the waiting mode. It seems to do this if you plug in quickly after turning the car off, but if you look on the app or your charger, you'll find it is only drawing 0.1kw or less. It must be something to do with the car's systems still shutting down.

Let us know if this helps.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Many thanks both, i tried the sensitivity on the wipers and it just adjust the interval time rather than triggered by rain so a trip to the dealers for that one.

"Then, each time when turning off the car before charging, you just need to select whether you want to charge immediately (the default), charge to a departure time, or charge at preferred times. The option can be selected in the charge menu and alternatively it comes up on the goodbye screen - it sounds like maybe you are missing this step. If you don't remember to select this in the car, you can also change to the correct setting in the WeConnectID app very easily after plugging in."
this is the bit i'm missing, i assumed that it would use timed charging based on location rather than needing to change each time.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I booked car into VW bristol for 6th jan for wiper fault, i may have the solution though, i read on an id4 forum that someone had an identical issue and it looks like a coding error where auto wiper was disabled in coding so the setting i was trying to change in the vehicle settings was useless. if it is that im hoping its a ten min fix as i cant see any moisture or issues on the sensor through the windscreen.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

MattgID3 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 pm im hoping its a ten min fix
Fingers crossed for you.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:19 am
MattgID3 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 pm im hoping its a ten min fix
Fingers crossed for you.
Mine had a coding issue for the alarm system. They kept it overnight.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Just had another call off the dealer, apparently they don't ship with the tyre compresser and fluid as tyres self heal apparently. I've ordered one on eBay anyway.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Klaus

Post by Klaus »

MattgID3 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:28 pm Just had another call off the dealer, apparently they don't ship with the tyre compresser and fluid as tyres self heal apparently. I've ordered one on eBay anyway.
If your tyre doesn't say Airstop or has a B-Seal logo, it doesn't self heal. Im in the process of asking for 4 new tyres as mine aren't Airstop as I has ordered and paid for
Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys
ID3 ordered 30 Sep 2021
Order no 314846**
Build week 50 (2021) -delayed to build week 44 (2022) (Heritage Bristol)
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Klaus wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:14 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:28 pm Just had another call off the dealer, apparently they don't ship with the tyre compresser and fluid as tyres self heal apparently. I've ordered one on eBay anyway.
If your tyre doesn't say Airstop or has a B-Seal logo, it doesn't self heal. Im in the process of asking for 4 new tyres as mine aren't Airstop as I has ordered and paid for
If you ordered in Sept 21 with East Derrys, they weren't sold as airstop but the car was sold as coming with a tyre repair kit. The spec changed to remove the tyre repair kit in November 2021 (for MY22.5 cars). I'd hope they changed the tyres too but may not have. Before that, none of the 18" options were airstops but all the 19/20" options were (and as such, cars with Andoyas or Sanyas never came with a repair kit).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Idee3

Post by Idee3 »

Mine didn't have a compressor supplied, I have recently changed the tyres and the 1i" Bridgestone tyres look like normal tyres to me.
Images I have seen of the air stop tyres have a black tar like paint on the inside of the tread.
But, I would never used the repair fluid that comes with the compressors anyway as it makes the tyre unrepairable.
I have purchased an 18" space saver wheel that I can chuck in the boot if we are going far.
slug56

Post by slug56 »

MattgID3 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:01 pm 2, wipers not auto wiping, i have enabled in vehicle settings and set stalk to int but wipers just seem to be working intermittently and not automatically, am i missing any settings or is this for the dealer?
I had this and mine was caused by a rain sensor that hadn't been bonded to the windscreen properly. If this is the cause of your problems, you should be able to tell by looking at it from the outside of your windscreen. I had my rain sensor replaced and the issue was fixed. See here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2319
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

This is my sensor after rain smears are on outside, I'm not sure it is flush with windscreen?

PXL_20221219_120630073.jpg

Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

So my lane assist and speed sign recognition failure has been diagnosed as a total camera failure. The dealer wants to keep the car and has ordered a new camera from Germany 🙄
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Hi Klaus, can you send me an image of the airstop and/or B-Seal logo. I picked up my car last week and noticed the absence of a jack and handle or any kind on sealing gunk with compressor.
Bridgestone Turanza ECO Enliten 205/55 R18 T95. Dealer said the tyres were B-Seal
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

roybosh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:51 pm
Hi Klaus, can you send me an image of the airstop and/or B-Seal logo. I picked up my car last week and noticed the absence of a jack and handle or any kind on sealing gunk with compressor.
Bridgestone Turanza ECO Enliten 205/55 R18 T95. Dealer said the tyres were B-Seal
18” tyres are just normal tyres, the tyre mobility kit was removed as part of MY22.5 in December 21
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Big_GT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

18” tyres are just normal tyres, the tyre mobility kit was removed as part of MY22.5 in December 21
Hi Big_GT,
I'm not questioning your replies accuracy, but where did you get this info. I'm gathering evidence to put to the dealer on this.
In line with your comment, and according to various online tyre suppliers and Bridgestones own website, 18" Turanzas are not available with B-seal.
I am waiting on Bridgestone UK to provide their response to this question.
If this proves to be the case, either the dealer supplies the full repair kit, a Jack and or compressor or fits self sealing tyres all round, obviously from another manufacturer.
Apologies if I've highjacked this thread but it seems to be snagging of sorts.
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

roybosh wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:52 pm
Big_GT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

Hi Big_GT,
I'm not questioning your replies accuracy, but where did you get this info. I'm gathering evidence to put to the dealer on this.
In line with your comment, and according to various online tyre suppliers and Bridgestones own website, 18" Turanzas are not available with B-seal.
I am waiting on Bridgestone UK to provide their response to this question.
If this proves to be the case, either the dealer supplies the full repair kit, a Jack and or compressor or fits self sealing tyres all round, obviously from another manufacturer.
Apologies if I've highjacked this thread but it seems to be snagging of sorts.
After December 1st 2021 tyre mobility kit was removed from standard specification and appeared as an option for £60.

DE17CF9F-FF02-4475-9EA1-9AC55C17AD9F.jpeg

Klaus

Post by Klaus »

I have found my dealer -Heritage Bristol very deceptive. They pressured me to change the spec of my car from steel wheels to alloys on the premise that it was safer and for peace of mind. 2 months later, completely by accident I discover I don't have the tyres I ordered. I inform my dealer that the wrong tyres are fitted and ask to bring the car in for the correct tyres. He replies a day later saying they can offer me a pump as a "gesture of goodwill".

A gesture of goodwill is giving me the tyres I ordered (or financial alternative) with the gesture being something like a free service. I swear that place is a human cesspit of all the conniving con artists in the South West

opony-z-masa-uszczelniajaca-b-seal.jpg

Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys
ID3 ordered 30 Sep 2021
Order no 314846**
Build week 50 (2021) -delayed to build week 44 (2022) (Heritage Bristol)
Flaming76

Post by Flaming76 »

Flaming76 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:38 am So my lane assist and speed sign recognition failure has been diagnosed as a total camera failure. The dealer wants to keep the car and has ordered a new camera from Germany 🙄
So they fixed it, didn’t charge obviously, but £975 for the camera!!

They kindly pointed out that our tyres are at 30%, after 1500 miles!! The wife drove home and I may have a suspicion why 🤔😬🤷🏻‍♂️😎
Fam Pro Perf, 19” Andoya alloys, bike rack prep in turquoise.
Ordered 20.10.21 dealer placed order 25.10.21
Estimated delivery early May 2022, now status 20 build week 38, status 60 early Nov, delivery December!!
Order No 31515***